Search for content in message boards

Council Philips born 1811

Council Philips born 1811

Stacey Griffin (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2002 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sutton, Bell, Carlisle,Philips,Forrest,Isler,
Just starting on my family history. My GGGgrandfather was Council Philips I am decsendant from his son Charles.
Would appreciate any information anyone may have.

Stacey

Re: Council Philips born 1811

Posted: 20 Jul 2002 1:14PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 5:52PM GMT
Stacy,

Go to Old Dobbers
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~paday/dobbers/index...
Surname Projects - Phillips. Think there is a file for Council. Fairly sure he was the son of Reubin but during my first pc crash lost all my notes on Reubin. There is also a deed on the Lenoir Archives under Deeds that gives some information on this family althought it is difficult to understand the deed. Also on Dobbers, somewhere, is something on the Forrest family - run a search. On Jones County Couzins is a link to several websites for the Isler family. Also on Dobbers under Joint Projects, there is a project for Sutton. That information is just beginning to go up and waiting until Tracy gets caught up to post the rest. If you will give me, privately, the earliest Sutton you can prove, will try to link you up.

Martha

Greg Bullock (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2003 10:34PM GMT
I too am a descendant of Council Phillips' son Charles Phillips who married Margaret Forrest. One of their children was my great grandmother Penelope Susan Phillips. Penelope married Ernest Bell. One of their children was my grandmother Nina Mae Bell. I have researched many of the Phillips family, Bell family, Forrest family, etc. and will be happy to share information with you. Contact me.

Stacey Sutton Griffin (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2003 4:09AM GMT
It seems as though we may be cousins! My grandmother was Callie Mae Bell and I know your grandmother as my Aunt Nina Mae, my grandmas sister! Any info you can share I would love to have. Email me at griffin91598@aol.com.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 4:54PM GMT
Surnames: Council Phillips/ Samuel Pinkney Phillips
I am a descendant of Council Phillips. He is my great grandfather. My grandfather, Samuel Pinkney Phillips of Contentnea, Lenoir County was a son of Council. There was some confusion concerning this. On my grandfather death certificate Eouncil is listed as the father and Barbara is listed as his mother. Any information will be appreciated.

Re Betsy Phillips - Contentnea

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 5:38AM GMT
Looking for Betsy Phillips who had a daughter born in 1825 in Lenoir Co. NC. Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 11:23AM GMT
Hi Greg
I have searched for information on Council Phillips. He is my great grandfather. My grandfather is Samuel Pinkney Phillips and on his death certificate Council is listed as his father. I can't find anything more on them than their immediate families. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Emily

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 11:38AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips

Hi Martha

I need information on Council's parents, siblings, where they came from ect. I would appreciate help you could give me. I have gone as far as I can. I would like to get farther than this in the Phillips line. I need to know more about them. I have found 1809, 1810, and 1811 as Council's date of birth. Is 1811 the correct one?

Emily

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 1:00PM GMT
No one has ever been able to figure this family out but Council was probably part of the Reuben/Council/Wright lines - in some fashion. It is not known if they were part of the Thomas and Isabelle line. What would be most helpful if you could find a male down the Council line with the surname Phillips to be tested for the Phillips DNA project. That might give us a better idea of how to put some of these people together. My off the wall hunch is they are NOT part of the Thomas and Isabelle family but that of the Maryland family where the name Reubin appears and there was a Reubin who was part of that family in Dobbs Co for a short time - I think they were there right up today but it would take DNA testing. Without question one of the Councils lived next to my Phillips family and they appeared to have been quite close.
Martha

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 1:29PM GMT

P 526 – Deed – Whereas Reuben Phillips by deed of 21 April 1860
conveyed to Richard W. King in trust to secure a note payable to John
King, his interest being 1/5 part of a tract, SS Great Contentnea, adj
lands of Charles Edwards, dec., Mary Larouque, Rete (sic) Phillips,
Stephen C. Phillips being 1/5 of a tract loaned by the Will of Reubin
Phillips to Council Phillips, dec. and being that part conveyed by John
Jones and Lucrecy his wife to John King on 15 March 1858 – and whereas
the note given to sd King for $184 on 27 April 1860 due 1 Jan 1868 was
sold by the Adm of sd John King and purchased by sd Pope and secured by
the deed in trust – R. W. King trustee sold the land at public sale on
1 Nov. 1870 and Wm. J. Pope was high bidder at $100 – this deed
executed on 1 Nov. 1873 by R. W. King trustee of Reuben Phillips –
tract adj Lot # 4 – of 30 acres
WIT: Kate Brown
Enrolled 19 Dec. 1885, Geo. L. Hodges, ROD
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions