Search for content in message boards

Histoy of Thomas Jefferson Baird and Dianna (Thomas) Baird

Histoy of Thomas Jefferson Baird and Dianna (Thomas) Baird

BAIRD, THOMAS (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: THOMAS; BAIRD
Am looking for descendents of Thomas Jefferson Baird and wife Diana (maybe Annie) (Thomas) Baird. T. J. Baird was born in Jefferson Co, OH and moved to Whiteside County IL.
Diana Thomas was born in Harrison County OH, and moved to Whiteside County IL. They were married in Whiteside County and there first son William A. was born there.

In the late 1800s they moved to Republic County KS. The lived in Kansas and had additional children, Jacob E., John D., Ada M., Jay O., and Thomas J.,Jr.

William married Lillie B. and had children Emery E., Evalyn R., Blache, Ralph, and William A.,Jr.

Jacob E. married Clara and had children Kenneth, Loyd, and Louise.

John D Married Evaline or Evelyn and had children Carl D. and Helen.

Jay O married Iva or Ava and had children Lucile D., and Emory H.

Thomas Jay, Jr. married Gertude and had children Duane O., Thomas O., and Lois S.

This is information that I have gathered for the Census of Whiteside Co. IL and Republic Co. KS

I would very much like any response that you could give me on these families.

Don

Re: Histoy of Thomas Jefferson Baird and Dianna (Thomas) Baird

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 8:15PM GMT
Surnames: Baird
Saw your post and was wondering if we are looking for info on the same Thomas Jefferson Baird. My husband's late grandfather was Thomas O. Baird who married LaVerne (Nutter) Brown and had 5 boys (one being my father-in-law). They resided in Newton, Toronto and Potwin, Kansas for most of their married lives. Thomas O. Baird's father was Thomas Jefferson Baird, and I believe HIS father was also Thomas Jefferson Baird. Would you know if these are related (not a common name combination). Would love to hear!

Posted: 16 Jul 2010 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: Baird-McLaughlin
I just read the reply you made to someones earlier post about Thomas Jefferson Baird. My maiden name is Baird and during my quest of family research, my mother gave me some very old pictures of some Bairds. Some of them are labeled, there is one that says Uncle Jeff Baird and Aunt Annie. Another that says Thomas J. & Elizebeth (mcLaughlin) Baird. I also have an old family portrait of a man and woman 5 sons and 1 daughter(not labeled). But I believe the man and woman are Jeff and Annie Baird with their 6 children. Jeff and Annie are older and aged more in the picture that is labeled. Also there are two single portraits labeled Tom Baird & John Dee Baird, son of Uncle Jeff Baird. They are the two sons in the family portrait. I believe these Bairds are from the Kansas area because in this same group of pictures is what looks like a big family picture taken outside and it is labeled that it was taken by Thomas J. Baird in the yard at 1207 Clother St. M, Kansas in 1910. I have been trying to connect these Kansas Bairds to my Bairds with no luck yet. My GG-Grandfather was David H Baird of Laurence Co TN, his son Milton Coleman Baird of Bexar County Tx. Then later the some moved to OK. which is my leg of the family. Anyway, don't want to bore you with all generations but if you think these could be some of yours I would love to share copies of these pics and maybe find connection. Let me know.

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: Baird/Chance/Adams
I have a Joseph C.V. Baird that was born in 1805 in Adams County, OH and died in 1889 in Whiteside County, IL. And some other members of this family ended up in Kansas. Beings you didn't give any dates, it was hard to tell where was the connection. I didn't have a Thomas listed, but I don't think I have all of his children as Joseph had two wives. If you think this could be part of your family, please email me at Jlittle7701@yahoo.com and make sure you put Baird in the subject line, as I delete many emails if I don't recognize the subject line or the name.

Posted: 31 Dec 2010 7:37PM GMT
My father was Carl Duane Baird. My grandfather was John D. Baird. I found 3 obituaries for Thomas Jefferson Baird in 1911 Manhattan, Kansas newspapers. His place of birth was listed as Columbiana Co., Ohio.

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 10:55AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2012 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Baird
I am a descendent of Thomas Jefferson Baird and Dianna Thomas. They are my great-great grandparents. TJ Jr was my great-grandfather. David Duane was my grandfather. His siblings were Thomas Oraldean, Lois, and Warren Herbert. The pictures mentioned by jamike80 are of that family and she has graciously shared them with me.

Thomas Sr. was a veteran of the Civil War from Ohio. There was a large groupof the family that moved to the Cuba, Kansas area in the early to mid 1870s.

I knew little about my grandfather's family until I joined ancestry. I knew his family and where he was born, etc., but not much before that. It has been amazing to find out so much, yet I am always thinking of my late grandfather and how much I would love to talk to him now.

I would love to make any contact with the descendants of TJ Baird Sr., especially those from Oraldean, Lois, and Herbert. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions