Search for content in message boards

The OTHER Field Jefferson and his son John Robertson Jefferson.

The OTHER Field Jefferson and his son John Robertson Jefferson.

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
.That is, the uncle (brother of Peter Jefferson) of President Thomas Jefferson. There are spotty references to a son, John Robertson Jefferson. Then Peter Field Jefferson followed by a daughter, Elizabeth Broome Jefferson.

I have an earlier post about Elizabeth Broome Jefferson (Broome was her mother's maiden name) on this board, but nothing came of that.

If you have any information about John Robertson Jefferson of Elizabeth B Jefferson, let me know.

Re: The OTHER Field Jefferson and his son John Robertson Jefferson.

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: JEFFERSON
Field Jefferson did have a son, John Robertson Jefferson who married Elizabeth Broome Jefferson. John had a son, John Jr who married Sarah Smith Criddle. This family settled in Davidson County TN after John Jr's death. John III married Elizabeth Corrpender and settled in Clinton MS then later in Seguin, TX. The name continues and there is a John Robertson Jefferson X.

Re: The OTHER Field Jefferson and his son John Robertson Jefferson.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 1:22PM GMT
Debra,
Thanks for replying. Sometimes things get a little complicated for me.

I looked on your public tree and saw that you have Peter Field Jefferson as a son of John Robertson Jefferson. This is the one I was curious about, I have him as my ggg grandfather.

This Peter Field Jefferson married Elizabeth Harrison and had a daughter Elizabeth Broome Jefferson. She married Edwin Noel in 1833 in Trigg County, KY. He died around 1845, leaving Elizabeth with 3 children. In 1848 she married Alfred Williams, my great great grandfather. They had 2 or 3 children. The children of Edwin Noel kept the Noel surname. She apparently died before 1860.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic