Search for content in message boards

Frances Lavinia Barker

Frances Lavinia Barker

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 9:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Nov 2012 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: Barker,Hart,Midson,Green
Hi there,

My Barkers lived in hobart.. tasmania. They owned land at Turnip Fields. Also had relatives in Strickland Ave and Westbury... possibly Launceston and also possible Victoria..
My Great grandmother was Frances Lavinia Barker... Born 1889-1959 Married David Henry Arthur Hart in Westbury 1912..
They had 7 children.. One still born. followed by Doug, Daphne, Ernie, Cathy, Elvie and Mavis.
Daphne married into Fogarty's.. Elvie married into Brown's...Mavis married into Midson and then Green.

I am looking to connect with anyone who may know anything about France's parents.. her father may have been Henry...
My email address is lozzy384@yahoo.com.au
Cheers
Lauren
Attachments:
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 2:11AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 10 Nov 2012 4:51AM GMT

Re: Frances Lavinia Barker

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 1:03PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2012 1:33PM GMT
Hi Lauren,

I don't see any sign of a birth registration for Frances in Tasmania or any family of a Henry. You would need to purchase a copy of the marriage certificate which will give you the names of both her parents as well as her birthplace.

Certificates can be ordered online through the Tasmanian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages - just Google.

Debra

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 4:49AM GMT
Hi Debra, Thank you for that... unfortunately my older relatives have hit the same problem here.. for some reason have not been able to get the information needed from a certificate.. however Im about to apply for marriage and death certificates... with fingers crossed.. was just hoping that this avenue may prove more succesful this time for me. Condidering so many Barker Families made the trip to Tasmania. I have found a lot of names and details that correspond with the right Barker family on Trove.com.
Thanks for your message
Lauren

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 1:32PM GMT
Hi Lauren,

All Tas. marriage certs after 1896 should have parental details and places of birth. Before 1896 there is not a lot of info, the most useful being the witnesses names. Perhaps your relatives only had an extract and not the full certificate?

I wouldn't bother with the death certs unless you get really desperate. They are sometimes full of inaccuracies depending on who the informant was and their real knowledge of the deceased.

Debra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions