Search for content in message boards

Death Record Lookup - Pauline Schmidt Little & Peter B. Little

Death Record Lookup - Pauline Schmidt Little & Peter B. Little

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 5:10AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Schmidt, Little
My great-grand-aunt Pauline "Meta" "Lena" Schmidt married Peter B. Little in Vilas County WI on 11 Apr 1896 after immigrating to the US from Gornitz, Posen, Prussia in 1892.

From 1905 - 1930 they lived in Rhinelander and Minocqua, Wisconsin where Peter was listed as a purveyor of soft drinks. They had three children: Jennie, Ernest, and Irving born in 1896, 1900, and 1901 respectively.

I cannot find death records for either one of them. I'm hoping someone could check the county vital records to see when/where/how Peter and Pauline died, or any other information about their family. I would be willing to pay for any copying fees involved.

Thanks so much!

Re: Death Record Lookup - Pauline Schmidt Little & Peter B. Little

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Little
I am not able to do a courthouse lookup at this time but maybe this info will be helpful to you.

Pauline Schmidt Little & Peter B. Little are buried in Saint Patricks Cemetery, Woodruff, Oneida County.

Lena E. Little b. 1875 d.1953 block 2
Peter B. Little b. 1866 d.1933 block 2

Lena is listed in the Rhinelander obit index; there are insturctions on how to obtain the obit. http://wigenweb.org/oneida/roi/obit21l.html

Judy

Posted: 9 May 2013 6:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
If Lena is listed in the Rhinelander obituaries, I can obtain a copy for you. I am going this weekend unless of course you already got it :)

Posted: 9 May 2013 2:48PM GMT
I spoke too soon. I have Lena's obit, but not Peter's, and he died up there and then Lena moved back to Wausau where she died. So, yes, if you can find Peter's obit I'd very much appreciate it. Her obituary indicates that he died about 1933. I don't have a more definite date than that, unfortunately.

Posted: 10 May 2013 5:08AM GMT

Posted: 10 May 2013 5:10AM GMT
No, I had not! Thank you very much!

Posted: 10 May 2013 5:20AM GMT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XLMV-GLF

Just found this as well. If I can't find anything on Peter this weekend, I can ask my sis for help who actually lives in the area.

Posted: 10 May 2013 5:28AM GMT
Yes, Jennie died in infancy. Erwin "Ernest" J Little survived until at least 1940. He died before his mother in 1953 as he is not mentioned in her obituary. Ernest went to Wausau and worked in the paper mills there. He and his wife Emma had a daughter named Karen. I have not found out what happened to her yet.

The next trip to Wausau I'll try to find out more about them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic