Search for content in message boards

William & Rebecca A Robinson_Shell Lake, Wiscconsin

William & Rebecca A Robinson_Shell Lake, Wiscconsin

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 11:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson
I am seeking any and all possible information about William Robinson and wife Rebecca who lived in Shell Lake, Wisconsin at the time of the 1920 census. William born abt 1851 in Iowa and Rebecca born in 1877 in Pennsylvania. William lived in Wisconsin(Rice Lake, Lakeland in Barron County) from the 1870's to at least 1905 where he married Rebecca in Barron County. His third marriage...two previous wives were Native American (Ojibway) and he fathered three sons by those two wives.
After the 1920 census I've lost track of both Wm & Rebecca so it's very possible that he passed away in the area after the census. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reid Cooper

Re: William & Rebecca A Robinson_Shell Lake, Wiscconsin

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON
I checked the cemetery records for Washburn Co., but could not find anything for Rebecca A Robinson. There are several William Robinson's buried in the Viola Lake Cemetery located in Burnett Co., but they are not who you are seeking...
one being a William L Robinson, b. 1878 - d. 1935 and the other being a William Charles Robinson, b. 1956 - d. 02 Feb 1957 (11 mo, 15 days old)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 12:58AM GMT
I'm just very grateful for the effort! A lot of perseverance and patience is required for genealogy. Fortunately I have a lot of both. Thanks again for trying.

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 4:58PM GMT
Could it be your William and Rebecca Robinson enumerated in the 1930 census at: North Dakota, Wells, West Ontario Twp.?

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 5:11PM GMT
I am positive you've found them and I'm very grateful. I can't believe how they have moved around and that I missed this entry. I guess it was because Rebecca wasn't mentioned as wife in the ancestry.com transcript listing. But this is definitely correct, and parents birth states confirm it.
Thank you so very much! Now I have more digging to do but at least I have a correct starting place. Thanks again...!

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 5:47PM GMT
Yes, your William Robinson's death recording is in the North Dakota Public Death Index for Wells county-- Good hunting!

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 6:43PM GMT
I've been searching for the Public Death Index for Wells County you mentioned with no success. Is this located on a "pay per view" or subscription site, or free in a location I haven't uncovered? Sorry to be a bother.

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 6:48PM GMT
Nevermind my last comment. I found the index you were referring to. I wasn't expecting that he had lived such a long life!
Thanks again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions