!MARRIAGE: Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763â€“1900, searched 17 June 2005 by Ruth Ann Bagley via internet at http://www.sos.state.il.us/GenealogyMWeb/marrsrch.html
Groom: DICKEY, CHARLES
Bride: JOHNSTON, LOUISA
Vol./Page: 2 /69
!CHILD-COMMENT-ACTION See 1850 census, below, showing household of Charles and Louisa Dickey in Eastern District, Grant, Wisconsin
(1) Appears that two older children, Chas. M Dickey (born 1841) and Albert N. Dickey (born 1843), were born prior 1844 marriage of Charles and Louisa Dickey;
(2) Per information at www.familysearch
. org (if correct), Charles Marion Dickey (b. 29 Jul 1841
in Illinois) is child of ROBERT S. and Hannah Dickey.
(3) Per information at www.familysearch.org
(if correct), Albert N Dickey (b. 25 Oct 1843 in Illinois) is also the child of ROBERT Stewart and Hannah Dickey;
(4) Why were Robert's children in the household of Charles Dickey in U.S. 1850 census? (Hannah Reed Dickey died in 1849 per Bible).
(5) Were these two older children adopted by Charles and Louisa (Johnston) Dickey?
(6) Was there a biological relationship between Charles Dickey (b. 1812) and Robert Stewart Dickey (b. 1815)? Brothers? Cousins? Other?
(7) Find Robert Stewart Dickey (b. 1815) in 1850 census. Where is he? He is not deceased since he later remarried (twice): Ellen Creek 16 Oct 1851 and Sarah Ruttledge 17 Mar 1853.
!CENSUS: U.S. 1850 census; Eastern District, Grant, Wisconsin; roll M432_998, page 123; researched 17 June 2005 by Ruth Ann Bagley at www.ancestry.com
Chas Dicky (sic); age 37; male; surveyor; value of real estate 1500; born N.J.;
Louisa R Dickey (sic); age 26; female; born Ill.;
Chas M _________; age 9; male; born Ill.;
Albert N. _________; age 6; male; born Ill.;
Mary C. __________; age 5; female; born Ill.;
M. B. ____________; age 3; female; born Ill.;
Samantha C. ______; age 2; female; born Ill.;
Melvina Patton; age 50; female; black; born Ky; cannot read or write;
Eliza Eblin Horn Langford Gear, Cornelius Horn and John Langford lived this same location in 1850 census.
!QUESTION: Eliza Eblin Horn Langford Gear was married 14 Jan 1851 in Grant County, Wisconsin, to Benjamin Nelson at the home of Edwin Rathbun by Chas. Dickey, J.P. What relationship exists between Eliza Eblin (her maiden name) and this Dickey family?