Search for content in message boards

Neal Family

Neal Family

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 12:18PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 5:23PM GMT
Looking for relation on my dads side. My dads name was John D Neal.He was born in La. in 1907.My Grandfathers name was Sam or Samuel Neal. My Grandmothers name was Zadie() Neal. Dont know her maiden name.My dad has 2 brothers:Bill or William Neal,Riley Neal.He had 2 sisters I think :Lillie Mae. If any one has info please contact me at the email address srnunn@alltel.net

Sadie Neal

Janice Neal Guin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 5:45PM GMT
You must be the Neal Cousins that moved to Louisiana from Miss and Al.All the names are in the family tree. There is a John Neal that lives in Lafayette, La that is some kin that has some information. There was a Sam Neal that married a Dunnam and moved to Texas. That was my mother's aunt, I think and my father, William Edward Neal's distant cousin. My father's family came from Choctaw Co. Al. to Clarke Co. Miss in the late 1800's. Buried in New Bethel Cemetary se of Meridian Miss.

Neal Family

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 8:35PM GMT
I have a half brother that lives in Lake Arthur,La.Also a half sister that lives in Calif.Their mothers name was Pauline (Peggy)Hebert. This was my dads (John David Neal Sr.) first wife I think. Dad was born in Catahoula Parish, La.Around Sicily Island,New Iberia,Ferridy.Riley Neal Lived at Waterproof,La for many years.Bill or William Neal live around Ferridy,La.I don't know whether he is still living or not.Mae Neal(Nethers) lived at Delhi.Maybe you can help me put the pieces together.I never knew my Grandparents on the Neal side.By the way my mothers maiden name was Webb.They met in Rosedale,Mississippi.That is where I was born.Looking forward to some more info, thanks for the reply

Neal Family

Sadie Neal Nunn (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 8:34PM GMT
These names keep popping up! I had a cousin who's wife's name was Sadie. My Grandfather was married twice. The first time he married a Boswell from Choctaw Co. Al.That's where he was born. My grandfather's name was Rosier Young Neal. The second time he married a Raley that was my grandmother. The first family was much older than my Dad. There was James Monroe,Joseph and twin Georgia, who moved to Texas and married Sam Dunnam,John, Victoria, who had three children I thinkwho married a Felts and also moved to Brownville, Texas I think. and Joseph and John had no children.
Posted: 9 Oct 2000 9:16AM GMT
Subject: La. Neal's

Posted by: Sadie (Neal) Nunn
Message: I don't know if maybe this could be one of my Great Aunt's or not.My Gr.Father died in 1940 at the age of 52. If this is correct he would have been born in or around 1888.His name was John David Neal.I have been told that Sam was a nickname.I have not been able to find out any of his brothers or sisters names.My Gr. Father was married to Zadie (or Sadie ),dont know her maiden name or the year they were married.They were living around Harrisonburg,Sicily Island, New Iberia When there 5 children were born. The 1st. being born in Aug. 1902.He worked on the river.Have been told that he run a school boat in or around 1920-21.Think he was also a fisherman.If you have any information please contact me at my email address: srnunn@alltel.net Maybe we can put the pieces together.

La. Neals Janice

Posted: 26 Oct 2000 7:52PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 5:01PM GMT
Dear Janice, I have been talking to Sadie Nunn. My grand father was George Allen Neal born July 10, 1870 and Married Lula Ward. They lived in Farmerville La. I do not anything about his family and I am trying to find some links. I think Sadie and I have some connection. If you know something about this let me know.

#971 John (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 8:21PM GMT
Patsy, go to #971 and you'll find the La connection I told you about. I didn't mean to submit the message that many times. New use you know,

Re: Neal and Webb Family of MS?

Posted: 24 Oct 2001 6:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jan 2003 11:32AM GMT
Can you send me some information about your Webbs? I am researching the Webbs and Neals who were in Attala and Choctaw Co, MS around 1850. You can email me at gleemc@earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions