Search for content in message boards

Printing...

Printing...

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there a way so that when I print, it lists a parent as a step parent and not the parent of a child? I do have the parent listed as step under relations, but it shows it when it is printed as parent.

Using FTM 2012

Joe

Re: Printing...

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 6:28AM GMT
The parentage report for one will show this provided that you have correctly set the relationship in the Person>Relationship tab

John D

Unintended Consequences of Choosing Step-Child.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 2:40PM GMT
Unintended Consequences of Choosing Step-Child.

This is why I no longer select to add anyone as a step-child at the "Relationship Screen/View" of the person page.

Steps end up as descendants in descendant reports of step parents. If you have step-parent entered as such to a person in your file, that step-child will end up as a descendant in all descendant reports of all of the New England ancestors of that step-parent - and there will be no warning or caution that that person is not really a descendant.

Like with ancestor reports, you need to be careful that the natural parents are always the preferred, or you will end up with ancestral reports of the step-child showing non-blood ancestors as ancestors.

I just enter the multiple marriages and children of each marriage and do NOT classify anyone as a step-child (at the relationship screen) in my database.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions