Search for content in message boards

After Sync, Desktop Version Date Newer Than Online Version Date

After Sync, Desktop Version Date Newer Than Online Version Date

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 12:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Oct 2012 5:34PM GMT
Sync has been unavailable or very slow lately...there's lots of posts about that.

But here's a new issue (I believe)...

Yesterday, I did get my tree to re-sync. I only make changes to my tree online, then sync to my desktop tree as a "backup" of what I've done online. So the change log said that I had X number of changes going from Ancestry.com to FTM12.

But here's the strange part: once the sync finished, it still said "Sync Needed", but now it showed that my desktop version had a NEWER modification date/time than my online tree. Impossible! I made no changes to my desktop tree other than doing the sync, which has always made the desktop version date the same as my online version date.

So if I run a sync now and check the change log, it is telling me that my desktop tree has new and changed data for people that I had just synced from my online tree down to my desktop tree.

What the heck is going on?

Re: After Sync, Desktop Version Date Newer Than Online Version Date

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 7:53PM GMT
I'm not sure but I think something is definitely up. The profile pages of my online tree are different than before.

I put a support request in yesterday. I noticed some data was missing that I was sure I had put in... thinking I'm getting senile but then an ancestor on my FTM2012 had no parents, had somehow become unlinked from them. Went to the same person on the online tree and she had parents and five more generations, as expected.

I'll write again if I hear anything.

Re: After Sync, Desktop Version Date Newer Than Online Version Date

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 6:58PM GMT
No word back yet. I'm also getting hints for sources I've already added.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions