Search for content in message boards

Seeking assitance for a family I am helping...

Seeking assitance for a family I am helping...

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KLIMENT
Hi fellow genealogists,
I am wondering if anyone in this area would be ever so kind to do a Obit and death look-up for me? Also one birth look-up.

The obit and death look-up is for a gentleman named: Josef (Joseph) KLIMENT b. apx. 1883 unkn for sure, and death year for certain is 1916. Found info. someone from the area stated he was killed at the mill and there is a white wooden cross at Holy Hill Cemetery for Josef.
The birth look-up I am seeking would be for his daughter Rivina (Rosa) KLIMENT b. apx. 1918 I have suspicions that josef may not be her biological father as she was born more than a year after he had passed. Interesting to say the least. Possible that the death year was being recalled wrongly. Can someone please clear these things up for me so I can help the family get the "real" answers.
Thank you so much for your time and any help,
Tammy ETIENNE
Director of: Kewaunee County Historical Society

Re: Seeking assitance for a family I am helping...

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: KLIMENT, KLIMET
Hi Tammy,

I did some checking through my databases, but could not find a "Holy Hill" Cemetery in Washburn Co. The only cemeteries that I could find by that name are down in Rusk Co. (Wilson Township - which does just happen to touch the southeast corner of Washburn Co.), while the other cemetery by that name is located in Washington Co., near Milwaukee Co. I looked through an alphabetized listing of burials in Washburn Co., but did not find his name listed either (in case the cemetery name was different than what you have).

Looking at the birth index for Washburn Co., I did find a Rose Emily KLIMET (no "n"), born on 16 Aug 1917. I do not have access to the actual birth record, but it is filed in the Washburn Co. Register of Deeds Birth records in Volume 35, on page 145.

I also attempted to find the name (both spellings - with and without the "n") in the county history books as well as census records with no luck.

My obituary indices do not include the years from 1910 - 1925.

Sorry. I wish I could be of more help. Maybe someone else has the answers you are seeking. Good luck!

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: KLIMENT, KLIMET
Sorry, Tammy. I should have also stated that I could not find any Kliment/Klimet death records in the indices that I have for Washburn County.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 8:10PM GMT
Tammy

Rivina Rosa Kliment was born Aug 16, 1917 in Birchwood, the Washburn County Register of Deeds has a Delayed Birth Certicate, it has 3 lines where names of parents would go: the first line said was just Mary; the next line has Joseph Kliment as father and Mary Brotanek and the 3rd line has Joseph Charles Kliment and Mary Anna Brotanek listed. I looked for a death certificate for Joseph Kliment and did not find one but Birchwood is near both Rusk and Barron county so there may be a death record in one of those counties. If you find a date of death for him, I will look in the Washburn County Register and Spooner Advocate to see if I can find an obit for you.
Shelley Fox Washburn County Historical Museum

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 5:16PM GMT
Hi Shelley,
Thank you so very much for your time in searching this! I really appreciate your help with it as I can not get to these areas of WI. Your an angel! I am open to anything else you can assist with. Is there anything in the Kewaunee county area you would be seeking help for in exchange?
Thanks again,
~Tam~

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 6:28PM GMT
Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate the time you took to do look ups.

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 3:09PM GMT
I went through the Washburn County Register for 1916 and early 1917 and did not find an obit or any mention of the family in the Birchwood news portion of paper. I also looked at a few months worth of the Rice Lake paper and did not find anything. I think that to get an answer on this one you will need to contact Register of Deeds offices in Sawyer, Rusk and Barron county.

Shelley Fox
per page

Find a board about a specific topic