Search for content in message boards

Greenville Henderson

Greenville Henderson

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henderson
I have a birth date of 1788. A marriage date to Nancy Barnett as 25 Feb, 1813 in Morgan Co Georgia.

I have a deed of land to Greenville's 3 sons: John B., William G., and Rufus

Greenville would be my ggg grandfather and William G. (I think it was William Greenville) would be my gg grandfather, and his son Robert A (Alexander) Henderson is my g grandfather and his son Clyde A. Henderson is my grandfather.

Please advise if you have any information about this family. Thanks!

Re: Greenville Henderson

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 10:52AM GMT
Surnames: Henderson
Our information differs some, but is basically on the same page. Greenville Henderson was born 11/10/1792, presumably in South Carolina. Our marriage data matches.

William G., son of Greenville, is actually William Griffin (1822-1878). If you are in the Atlanta area, I could provide you information as to the location of the William Griffin Henderson family cemetery.

I descend from a different son of Greenville, Thomas Henderson (1813-1863- died in VA during Civil War).

The wall I am attempting to knock down is the definitive ancestry of Greenville. I have one source that "might" identify his parents, but I certainly wouldn't take it to the bank.

Best of luck with your research.

Dawson (Dee) Henderson

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 4:52PM GMT
Everybody has tried to get back further than where you are. One of the main people is Kit Smith. I have 3 different sets of Hendersons in my family tree and I've tried everything since 2007. I went and saw Greenville's historical marker in Dekalb Co, GA and took a jaunt to Madison. Even the library there can't tell who his parents were. I've tried every variation of his first name and even looked at trees where children were named after cities. If you'll send me your email, I'll send you scans of everything I have. My name is Melissa Henderson Leahy, my email is melismo2@aol.com, and I live in Greenville SC. If a clue is found I can go to the area almost immediately.

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 1:38AM GMT
you have a cousin here in summerville ga who is also searching for info as to the parents of greenville.,her name is shirley ann the henderson side came from her mother. ann's e-mail is ann@loggers.com

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 3:24AM GMT
Thank you ! I live weekdays pretty close to the county where Greenville Henderson's historical marker is in DeKalb County GA. I also went to Madison where he lived previous to DeKalb. I'll try to get in touch with Shirley Ann.

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 12:20AM GMT
ann says thank you and is looking forward to chating with you

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 2:16AM GMT
Hi, this is Ann, my computer is still not working right, so I am on Ralph's account. My GGGrandfather was Thomas Henderson, the oldest son of Greenville. My GGrandfather was George and Grandfather was Marshall C. Henderson. I have many documents related to Greenville. His will, discharge papers and the document Nancy used to file for her widows pension. Also have a picture of his watch. Some distant relative in Florida has the watch. I also have a copy of Nancy's father's will. We were up in Lynchburg, VA last weekend and found Thomas' grave site. He is buried in a confederate cemetery up there. He was shot in the hip and died of complications. We live up here in Summerville, GA. Let me know if you would like to have copies. Ann

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 2:30AM GMT
Hi, this is Shirley Ann. I normally go by Ann. Have you been to the family plot there in Tucker, GA?? Greenville, Nancy and a few others are buried there. My line is through Thomas, Greenville's oldest son, then George and then Marshall. We were up in Lynchburg, VA last weekend and visited Thomas' grave site. He is buried in a confederate cemetery up there. I have a lot of copies of documents pertaining to the family, have copy of Greenville's will and a photo of his watch. Let me know if you would like copies. I am willing to share what I have. Another distant cousin has found a lot of info in the family. Which one of Greenville's sons or daughters did you come through? Look forward to hearing from you. Ann

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 1:12PM GMT
I'm related to the Hendersons who went from VA to Wilkes Co GA after the Rev War. I am related to the Hendersons from Gaston Co NC/York Co SC. My mom's family is laterally related to the Greenville SC Hendersons. My brother had his sons at soccer practice in Tucker GA when he noticed the historical marker for Greenville Henderson. We both thought it would be so easy to make a connection with one of those 3 families. Instead I ran into Kit Smith online who said he had been trying for years to find Greenville's parents, and good luck. So I took that as a challenge. It got to the point where I was looking for families that named their kids after cities in SC ! I did notice that the Gresham and Weed cemetery is extremely close to Greenville's land in DeKalb county and I'm related to the Greshams of Greenville Co SC. So my problem is not going forward with Greenville's children but backwards with his parents and grandparents. I would love to have any info you have and I would also send you everything I have to date. My name is Melissa Henderson Leahy and my address is 27 Ashley Ave, Greenville SC, 29609 and my real email is melismo2@aol.com. My user name is melismo2 on ancestry.com. There is no Greenville Henderson in my main tree (henderson family tree, upstate sc families, non capitalized) because I've yet to make any connection. There are a slew of other Hendersons though which might help you. Let me know if you want an invitation. Thanks for contacting me. We're all in this together, thank god !

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 11:50AM GMT
Surnames: Conn, Henderson, O'Brien
Greenville is my fourth g-grandfather on my maternal side. Thomas Greenberry Conn was my g-g-grandfather, his mother was Martha Henderson. looking for info on Greenville's parents as well.

Email is w4amp at att.net

My name is James V. O'Brien III and I live in Cedartown, Ga.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic