Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 World Edition

FTM 2012 World Edition

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
On the advice of the ancestry.com support desk I purchased this product and it cost me almost £100!
Its slow, fails to sync properly and can only chart in family pedigee and not show a graphic of my family.
I must have been mad to buy such an inferior product or am I missing something?
The help desk are very polite but have no solution or answers

Re: FTM 2012 World Edition

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 2:57AM GMT
Just wondering did you ask for refund because program was faulty?
I am in Australia and still trying to work out the actual difference in programs Ancestry sell all said to be Family Tree Maker.

Australian helpline person on phone was more clueless than me. Told me all cd programs are same just boxed and priced for regional currency. Poor fella didn't even know the boxed versions came with extra databases/education material specific to a particular country.

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 4:12PM GMT
There is only one program.

But there are a few different packages.
From Ancestry there are two see http://www.ancestry.com/cs/apps/win4942

But I have see other packages on the store shelves and at different websites. They all contain the same program just a bunch of other "Toys" added in to make it appear that you are getting a better deal.

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 7:40AM GMT
these problems have been very much featured on here! wish i'd read them BEFORE i bought mine!!! pass the works.
Does anyone from ancestry/FTMM take note of the problems listed here??

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 3:47PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2012 3:48PM GMT
David's right. The software is bundled, packaged, and labeled a bit differently when sold through third parties like Amazon where there are three editions: Essentials, Deluxe, and Platinum.

See comparison table in product description:

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Tree-Maker-Platinum-2012/dp/B00...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic