Search for content in message boards

Job Collins born 1790

Job Collins born 1790

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Collins
I am looking for the parents of my Great Great Great Grandfather Job Collins born 1790 NJ or NY died 6 NOV 1852 age 62,buried Jackson Cemetery, Verona, NY. Wife: Almeda Laning 1810-1875.
I found an 1850 Verona, NY census which states an incorrect birth year and a correction on original document NJ as birth place.
I have seen records that his daughter Emily b.1842 married Rueben Collins b.1833 son of Joel Collins b.1798.
If you know of any connection to Job or his parents it would help me a great deal.
The family consisted of farmers and boatmen. Family stories state that relatives came from Ireland to dig the Erie canal.

Re: Job Collins born 1790

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 6:27PM GMT
I have Collins ancestors in that area (Verona and Vienna, Oneida County). Specifically my ancestors are Sylvester and Polly (Kinney) Collins. I believe they are related to Joel and Job Collins, but I'm still trying to confirm various relationships.

Let me know how you are connected to any of these or to Amos or Abel Collins of Camden.

Regards

Harry Schenck

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 6:09PM GMT
I have not found any of those names. I know that there are more than 1 Joel Collins. His son married Job's daughter Emily. I saw in a book about the family you are talking about the brothers gave a Camden church land. I do know I went to school with Trudy Collins from the Taberg area and I have not found any links to the Taberg clan yet. There were also Collins in Westmorland area who I have not connected with.
I have found Sylvester and Polly in the same cemeteries and I do thin we are related to them. They were boatmen and story has it my ancestors came to dig and work the canals. I have seen maps that show Collins' living in New London, NY and the are all connected. I have seen a "Wagner tree" on Roots web connected to theCollins ide also.

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 6:21PM GMT
I just checked my tree info and the Sylvester Collins 10/20/1854 I have is the son of Alfred and Betsey Doty. Alfed was the son of Job and Almeda Collins.
I found record of Sylvester Celthea B not sure where I came up with it now.
We are taking a break until winter so do not have access to Ancestry records but I am doing searches elsewhere.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions