Search for content in message boards

KORSZNIAK SURNAME

KORSZNIAK SURNAME

Posted: 5 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2005 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Korszniak, Kozak, Socha, Raffa, Rafa
Looking for any information on the KORSZNIAK family, especially those from the area around Rzuchow and Piskorowice. I am tracing the family of Stefan KORSZNIAK and his wife Anna Kozak,who had many children including Wasyli, Prokop, Anastazia and Roselia, all who emmigrated to the USA in the early 1900's, and Paul who returned to Europe. At the time of emmigration they were listed as Austrian/Ruthenian, coming from Galicia, and here in the USA they considered themselves Ukrainian. I have been told that these KORSZNIAKs had cousins who also emmigrated to the US and Australia, and possible alternate spellings include KORSHNIOK, KORSHNIAK, KORSZNIOK. Any info is helpful!

Rzuchow 37-300 and Piskorowice 37-300

Posted: 8 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2002 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Korszniak, Kozak, Socha, Raffa, Rafa
The two villages you listed are very small, only one person in each village has a telephone. The closest large city is Lezaksk. There are not Korszniaks listed, there is a: Kozyniak, Elzbeita @ Wyspianskiego #16. There is one Kozak listed a Stefan @ Broniewskiego #5.

If you have any other variations of the surname let me know and I will look them up. This is the closest I could find to what you are looking for.

Good luck in your search.

Re: KORSZNIAK SURNAME

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 8:02PM GMT
windsor locks conn
Attachments:

Re: KORSZNIAK SURNAME

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Korszniak
Prokop is my Great Grandfather. His wife Pearl, my Grandfather John, and as well as some other Korszniaks are buried at St Patrick's cemetery near Norristown, Pennsylvania.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions