Search for content in message boards

SHARP FAMILY

SHARP FAMILY

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: SHARP, PARSON, WILSON
Seeking info on JAMES MADISON SHARP listed as an heir in the will of SAMUEL SHARP(1848). JAMES MADISON SHARP married (?)PARSON. Daughter CAROLINE SHARP b. 1840 married JEREMIAH A. WILSON and daughter HARRIETT SHARP b.1846 married WILLIAM A. WILSON. Sisters married brothers.(Caroline Sharp Wilson was my gggrandmother.)

James Sharp

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: SHARP, PARSON, WILSON
Mary-- I don't believe the James Sharp, age 33, in the 1870 Cass Co., Census could be "my James" (father of Caroline). Caroline Sharp was born 8 Nov 1840 and married Jeremiah A. Wilson 5 Apr 1862. Her Father, James Sharp, married a (?) Parson and probably had migrated to Worth/Nodaway Co., MO area.
--Thanks. Shirley

James SHARP

Mary C. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SHARP, LYON, McALEXANDER, SHELTON, WITHERS, ISON, TAYLOR, HARRIS
The James Madison SHARP who was mentioned among the heirs of Samuel SHARP was generally known in Cass Co. records as "Matt" SHARP. He m. 1) Julia SLUSHER and 2.) Mary S. HARDY.

Another James SHARP is found in the 1870 Census for Grand River, Cass Co. -- age 33, b. in Tenn., married to a Sallie. Although no daughter Caroline is listed in that Census, the children named are quite young, and therefore it's likely they had additional children. This may be the person you are looking for.

SHARP, JAMES

Deborah D. Schuman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SHARP, VINYARD
Hello: I have been researcing my grandmother's family, on the SHARP branch; I am investigating for a James Sharp who was married to a Sarah A. Vinyard,possibly from Tennessee, Missouri or Virginia area. I have on record that James and Sarah had a daughter Mary LuEllen Sharp. If you have any information on these people, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you! God bless! D.D.Schuman (deborahdschuman@hotmail.com)
Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, Rider
I have a Columbus B. Sharp who married Seletha Ann Rider on Dec. 29, 1848. Any relation?

Columbus B. Sharp

Deborah Schuman (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sharp
Note: No, the Columbus B. Sharp you mentioned, is not related to the family line i'm researching. Thank you for your imput, anyway. Good luck on your search! DDS
Posted: 22 Jan 2006 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, Morris, Rider
Lee: When did Seletha Rider die? I am curious because I also have a Columbus Sharp who married my Martha Morris in Jackson County, Missouri. The Morris family and the Riders are related too. Please contact me so we can talk about these lines.

Re: Sharps

Lee Rider (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2006 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, Rider
Valerie,

It's good to hear from you again. I believe we were in contact with each other 4-5 years ago.

Regarding, Seletha Rider. I have death date as 18 Mar 1853 in Jackson Co., MO. I do not have any primary sources for the date or location.

Kind Regards,
Lee

Valerie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2006 3:33AM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, Morris, Rider
Lee: That date would fall in line with the marriage date to Martha Morris. Martha was the sister of George Morris who married Sarah "Sally" Rider. Also, I have a Cynthia "Letha" Morris as a sister to George and Martha. I have always wondered if these two were one and the same (Seletha and Cynthia "Letha") However, I also have Cynthia married to a John Carter in 1832 in Sumner, Tennessee. So, the puzzle goes on!

Do you have a birth date for Seletha? I was wondering if it might be close to Cynthia's (1815/1817 is all I have in KY) and no documentation to support.

I have traced Columbus and Martha to Napa, California through census records and info. I found on LDS Family Search site.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Lee Rider (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2006 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, Rider, Morris
Valerie, the birth date that I have for Seletha (dau of John Rider and Nancy Morris) is 30 Nov 1830 in Sumner Co., TN.

Cynthia "Letha" Morris (married to John Carter): I have a birth date between 1815 and 1817 in Allen Co., KY and a marriage date of 7 Mar 1832 in Sumner Co., TN. (no primary sources, I have you, John Allen Rider, Barbara Westman, and the LDS as sources).

To be honest, I have not spent much time on this branch. A lot of information is available on the William Rider branch and I come from the George Rider line. The other 4 lines are more sketchy to me and have mostly secondary sources.

If I can help in anyway, please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions