Search for content in message boards

mergener

mergener

mike mergener (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mergener
(Mathias) or Matthew Mergener,from Wasserliesch Trier Prusssia to Eau Claire Wis.,after 1842 ?his son Nicholas served in co.G 48th infantry,enlisted in Eau Claire.Children of Nicholas,joseph,william, anna,george,erma,jessie,john,arthur.Directories from 1890s show residence at 616 Hobart or 616 Putnam St. Eau Claire.
Nicholas married Clara Neher 4/27/67 in Eau Claire

Re: mergener

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Neher, Meyer, Haas,
I have Nehers in my family tree. My great grandmother was Ottelia Neher the sister of Clara Neher who married Nicholas Mergener, Clara and Nicholas were married in St. Patricks Church in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, April 27, 1867. There is an invalid pension number for Nicholas. Shows that Clara is a widow September 1918. Shows two infantry references; 48th Wisconsin infantry, and 7th Wisconsin infantry.

Barbara Bolton

Eugene Woelfel (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 8:52PM GMT
Barbara,

Josepha Neher is my great grandmother. Josepha was a sister to Ottilia and Clara Neher. Josepha's son-in-law was a half-brother to Nicholas Mergener, Clara's husband. We have a fair amount of information on the Nehers. Are you interested in any of it?

Our email address it ghwoel@att.net

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 9:46AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2004 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Neher, Meyer, Haas,
Thank you for your message. Yes, I would be interested in
the information you have.

Re: mergener, Neher

Barbara Bolton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 9:13AM GMT
Thank you for answering my query, yes I would be interested in the information you have on our families. My e-mail address is bobarb@surfside.net.

Re: mergener, Neher

Barbara Bolton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 9:13AM GMT
Thank you for answering my query, yes I would be interested in the information you have on our families. My e-mail address is bobarb@surfside.net.

Re: Matthias Mergener

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Mergener Kohn Bach Kronenbusch
Hello Mike,
I have a copy of the Wasserliesch Family Register, which is a summarized transcript of Church Registers from about 1750 through early 20th C.
It lists several Matthias Mergener families. I think the most likely match to your Matthias is either
1)
Matthias b 1816, m 1839 to Barbara Kohn (1813-1850), m 1851 to Elisabeth Kronenbusch, with children Matthias (b 1840), Nikolaus (b 1841), Maria (b1843), Anna Maria (b 1845), Matthis (b 1848), Johann Peter (b 1850), and Johann (b 1852).
2)
Matthias b in Ensch, m 1844 to Maria Bach (b 1815), no children listed. (The lack of children implies the couple didn't live in Wasserliesch long after their marriage.)

There is a bit more information available that I can provide. If you want, contact me directly at tgkohn_at_aol_dot_com.

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 4:24PM GMT
I am interested in anything on the Neher family. I have Clara Neher's orbituary when she died at the age of 84. Clara was married to Nicholas Mergener. Her 3 sisters were Sophie Stenze Schlack, Barbara Waper, and Ottile Meyer. Sophie had 3 children - Magdelina, Frances and Charles Stenze (Frances and Charles were twins). Sophie's husband died and she married Joseph Schlack.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: Neher, Billesbach
I am looking for any information on Mary/Maria Neher, sister to Clara, Ottilia and Josepha, specifically on her husband, Tobias Billesbach. I have had no luck in the past 2 years I have searched, so anything I can find would be great. I tried to email you, but it didn't go through... I hope this message finds you!

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 6:42PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions