Search for content in message boards

Harrells, Tn>Tx

Harrells, Tn>Tx

Posted: 20 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Harrell, Jones
I am looking for the parents, siblings of William Jefferson Harrell, b. May 1852 in Cannon Co., Tn and d. Dec. 28, 1946 in Hunt Co., Tx. He was married to Sarah Jones from Coffee Co. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks, Gena

Harrell's of Cannon Co. TN

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HARRELL
Hey Gina,
I know it's been awhile since we've corresponded but I was searching in rootsweb and ran across one of your queries and it still makes me think we're related somehow! There are just too many things that match, you know!?

The only way we could be is that your William Jefferson Harrell would be a second cousin to my gg grandfather HENRY JONES HARRELL, born Mar 24, 1857 in Cannon county! Not a first cousin because I know all of my gg grandfather's siblings names, etc. Your Wm. Jefferson is about the same age as my Henry. Now the question is... do you know who was your William's father was? If you do... then Wm. father would be a first cousin to Henry's father... Ransom D. Harrell... which would mean that Ransom's father Ezekial would be the brother of Wm. Jefferson's GRANDFATHER. Have I confused you yet... I am!

Okay... here's a list of what I'm talking about and maybe it will make more sense (at least for me!)

Ezekial Perry Harrell bro. to Wm Jeffersons Grandfather (do you have info on grandfather?)
Ransom Day Harrell Cousin to Wm. Jefferson's Father (do you have info on father?)
Henry Jones Harrell Second Cousin to Wm. Jefferson

Also... Henry Jones had a brother named Greenberry (who was also born in Cannon county.) He and his wife Helen Bailey moved to Texas (along with Greenberry's bro. James, Ollie and George) sometime in the 1890s (according to my 90+ year old great uncle.) Greenberry died in HUNT CO, TX in 1928. I don't know (yet) where Greenberry is buried but his wife Helen is buried in the Salem Cemetery near Irene in Hunt Co.

So.. what do you think... let's try and break this wall down!

Joyce
(Old email was jlmartin@texas.net) New: jlmartin@austin.rr.com

Harrell's in TX

Gerald Harrell (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harrell
I am trying to find where my GGrandfather came from and some information on his family. I do not know where he was born but on his tombstone, birth was April 18, 1849. He died in Baker, Parker County, Texas on August 30, 1915. My GGrandmother was Elizabeth Jane Luckett. Her birth was June 22, 1856 and she died in Baker, Parker C., TX on April 18,1922.

Harrell of Cannon County

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HARRELL
Gerald,
I don't have a record of a Elizabeth Jane Luckett marrying any of my Harrell's. Were your Harrell's in Cannon County? My Harrell family didn't move to Cannon until the late 1850s. Before that, they were in Bradley County and before that Claiborne.
The branch of the Harrells' (James, Ollie, George and Greenberry) came to Texas about 1895 or so and were in Limestone, Falls, McLennan and Hunt County, Texas.

Re: Harrells, Tn>Tx

Posted: 6 Nov 2005 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Harrell, Jink, Skipper and Hildreths
You posted a message back in 2000 about William Jefferson Harrell from Cannon Co TN. Don't recall if we have spoken previously but I have infomation on the family after they got to Hunt Co, TX. Not my Harrell's but I ran across information in the "History of Wolfe CIty" that refers to them. Naming children etc. If you don't have this infomation - please contact me at REB948@aol.com .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions