Search for content in message boards

FTM 12 is the pits. Don't buy until they fix it.

FTM 12 is the pits. Don't buy until they fix it.

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Don't buy this software. I have tried for weeks to get it fixed and nothing works. CUstomer support is useless, I have done everything they have recommended in emails and troubleshooting and on the telephone.

Re: FTM 12 is the pits. Don't buy until they fix it.

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 7:41PM GMT
Just a rant, or did you actually want help?

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 7:53PM GMT
First of all FTM 12 (about 2004) is really old, and yes it just may not be up to pare in today's standards.

BUT, if you are referring to FTM 2012 which is Version 21, then you need to post what issues you are having with what?

It would also help if you were to post your system spec's that you are running FTM 2012 on?

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 8:06PM GMT
I dont have time for rants! I have spent a lot of time on the phone and reading the articles, etc. HELP!

When I try to login it says it failed. I am using the correct information for my ancestry account

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 8:09PM GMT
it is the ftm 2012 I downloaded it to different computers that I use all the time. OS is Windows 7.

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 8:30PM GMT
it is 2012 my os is windows 7. when i try to log in it says it fails although i am using the same log in as i use for Ancestry

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 8:30PM GMT
I leave you in David Abernathy's capable hands.

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 1:33AM GMT
What protection programs including Firewalls, AV, spam blockers and etc do you have running and installed on this machine?

I assume that when you say you "downloaded" to the machine, you mean that you ran the install and install the required ".Net" also?

With the login failing, I would start at your firewall and other protection programs.

Can you post a screen shot of this Error pane?

I have FTM 2012 running of 5 Windows 7 machines, including 32 and 64 bit, Home Premium and Pro versions.

If you have the Starter version of Windows 7, then we may need to look else where.

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 5:58PM GMT
Trend Micro, yes I changed to Firewall to allow FTM.No it is not the starter 7. the error is the log in box for Ancestry. It says log in failed although I used the correct words that WORK ON ANCESTRY. The computer is 3 months old HP pavilion series 6g ram AMD 4.

I guess the point is no software should be this wierd. I am not a computer genius but I work on computers at work and at home and nothing is this hinky. Sorry...

One more question, is the FTM even worth it? Do you think an installation CD/DVD/drive be better than the download from the Nova site?

I dont mean to be cranky. I am working 60 hours a week taking care of a sick Mom and trying to do this for my family. I just dont have lots of patience (OR MONEY) to fiddle around.

I DO appreciate you attempts to assist me.

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 9:57PM GMT
If you can't log into ancestry from FTM, what's the the specific error message you're getting? Wrong username? Wrong password?

You said you checked your Firewall, so FTM should have permission. One way to check that is to create a new tree (if you don't already have one) and go to the Places workspace and use the map feature. If it accesses Bing, then FTM is able to connect to the internet. That will be helpful to know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions