Search for content in message boards

Lost original FTM Installation Software

Lost original FTM Installation Software

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 5:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have lost or misplaced my original FTM software, FTM 11. IS there anyway to copy or perhaps download FTM 11 from their site. I have copied all of my family files, but cannot fond my original ftm software. What do I do?

Re: Lost original FTM Installation Software

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 9:42PM GMT
If you lost the disk, I'm afraid you'll have to purchase a new copy.

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 11:13PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2012 11:15PM GMT
Do you mean version 11 or 2011?
As stated above, you are going to buy it, or find some one that still has their CD.

It may help, if you were to post where you are at, then some one locally may be able to help you more.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 1:36PM GMT
Charlielh,

I'm stuck as you are. I have the software for version 9. In 2006 I upgraded to version 11 via an on-line upgrade. Now have a new computer and was transferring files over only to find I can't because I don't have the right software. I really like version 11. I can find it on Amazon, but don't really want to spend the money - tho from what I'm seeing, I don't have any other option. I sent an email to them yesterday, we'll see what they respond and I'll post when I get an answer.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 4:42PM GMT
I just found out that Windows 7 can not run Ver 11. So reluctantly I've uploaded FTM 2008. I did find my Ver 11. software and tried to load it. It loaded fine but when I tried to restore my old files Windows 7 would not read them. Call me at 770-722-3717 if you need to.
Charlie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions