Search for content in message boards

Breen's Brockagh Tempo

Breen's Brockagh Tempo

Posted: 22 Apr 2008 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on Breen's from Brockagh Tempo. John Breen born 1870/72. Just got a copy of his marriage cert, and it says that he was from Brocka (Brockagh) at time of marriage 1893. There is no name of his father.. His witness was Arthur Breen & Eliza Breen.

Re: Breen's Brockagh Tempo

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 12:29PM GMT
Surnames: Breen
I have two John Breen's in my tree. One born 1861 in Madras, and his father born 1827 in Kilrush. I believe all Kilrush records destroyed in fire. Don't think we havea connection.

Just out of curiosity who did your John Breen marry?

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 2:26PM GMT
Tempo 1893.

Posted: 15 May 2008 6:44PM GMT
Sorry read your mess wrong......

John Breen married Sarah Clifford..

Posted: 16 May 2008 8:51AM GMT
Sorry, name means nothing - at the moment! The search goes on. Good luck.

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 2:53PM GMT
just to let you know i am breen from Tempo and it is a very common name in the area - there are still breens in Brockagh

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Breen, Nixon, Kithcard, McCordick
My information on my Breen Family location is limited to a couple of references to Cavan, but there is also a family story that suggests a connection to Enniskillen, so I'll add my info to this thread for my 2nd great grandparents:

John Breen and Elizabeth Kithcard -- born about 1825 married bout 1845. Their son Henry born about May 1849, would marry Mary Jane Nixon, born about 1850 also in Cavan in Manhattan in 1870.

John Nixon and Mary Ann McCordick, probably a little older born about 1820, married around 1840.

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 7:04PM GMT
Hi,Mary- Can you tell me a little more about which Tempo Breens are yours?

Jim Breen
Manchester, NH, USA

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 7:35PM GMT
Hi Mary,,

i to would also like to hear about your Breen's.....
My g-gfather came from Brockagh Tempo...

Treacy

Posted: 11 Jun 2008 8:16AM GMT
Hi jim and tracey

yes my grandfather was James(Jimmy) breen (who would have been born early 1900's) married to Rose McCaffrey who was also from Tempo, married lived in Brockagh, had 10 children- 5 boys and 5 girls - 8 still living. According to my father apparently Jimmy's father was married 3 times and had quite a few children - someone in the family has traced back the tree - so i can speak to them and get some more details.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic