Search for content in message boards

Looking for any family related to Joseph Sielski b 1861 in Pyzdry poland, Poznan district.

Looking for any family related to Joseph Sielski b 1861 in Pyzdry poland, Poznan district.

Posted: 2 May 2013 3:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Any info. on any Sielskis related to Joseph Sielski from Pyzdry Poland b 1861 would be greatly appreciated. All I know is he was listed on my gr. grand fathers death cert. from Pyzdry. I found him on the Poznan site and am at a dead end now. Ive found a few Josephs who match the approx. birth, but nothing to tie them tog. I dont have any sibling names.
Any help or direction where to go next would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Looking for any family related to Joseph Sielski b 1861 in Pyzdry poland, Poznan district.

Posted: 2 May 2013 11:40AM GMT
You need to provide a few more details for people to make suggestions about where to look. For starters, are you looking for additional resources IN Poland, or did the family go to the US, UK, elsewhere? Do you know of a religious affiliation? Any fraternal or civic organizations?

Re: Looking for any family related to Joseph Sielski b 1861 in Pyzdry poland, Poznan district.

Posted: 2 May 2013 9:44PM GMT
Hi, Thank you for your reply:) I found his son Michaels death cert. from detroit in 1920. It stated his parents Joseph Sielski and Mary Wesolowski all from Pyzdry poland. Ive searched poznan project and found their marriage listed w their parents, but have been stuck there, going on a wild goose chase thinking Im related to ALL the Sielskis I find. LOL, which in a way I am...lol, just not sure which ones exactly! Unfortunately I have no other info. on my family than what I found in the death cert. Next I am going to go to a local LDS family center to see what they might have. Any input is greatly appreciatrd!
Thank you!

Jen

Posted: 3 May 2013 2:18AM GMT
Where does Michael's death record state he was born and when? If not in the U.S., have you looked for a naturalization record for him? Those records are, sometimes, quite detailed. If he was born in the U.S., then you should look for his birth record in the birth location, depending upon the time period, as well as checking U.S. census records.

You may need to go back to previous generations of your family and document each event (major event--birth, marriage, death) to get more clues that will provide you leads to the previous generation of your family. The records you find will tell you where you should look for more information.

Posted: 3 May 2013 11:20PM GMT
I will.Thank you for your help:)

Jen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic