Search for content in message boards

Parent problems

Parent problems

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 8:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shaw
One of my ancestors had 3 wives (not all at once). My question is in two parts

Can you show multiple spouses on the main input display?
How do you move a child that is attached to the wrong parent to the correct parent?

I have gone into the child's info area and tried the change option but only one one of the three mothers is displayed as an option.

I am sure I am or have done something wrong somewhere.

Re: Parent problems

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 11:34AM GMT
Norman

Can you show multiple spouses on the main input display?

The answer is no. You can request a change to FTM

How do you move a child that is attached to the wrong parent to the correct parent?

Select the child and go to Person, Attach/Detach Person. You use Detach to detach the child from his parents. You may see the option to detach the person from more than one family. Make sure you select the right one. Go to the father and select Attach Child. Find the child in the index and attach him to the family with the correct mother.

Curt

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 3:07AM GMT
First make sure you have all three wives attached to the proper husband.

First go to the child and detach him from the mother he is currently attached to. Once he is detached go to the correct mother and attach the child to her.

To make the attachment / detachments: In the People, Family highlight the person where you want to make the change. In the toolbar menu at the top select person, scroll down and click attach/detach person

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 7:45AM GMT
Thank you very much. That works well and makes sense.

Norman

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 7:48AM GMT
Thank you very much. That works well and makes sense
Norman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions