Search for content in message boards

Satterlee in Plymouth

Blakslee

Ed Reed (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REED, COMSTOCK, HETTES, JONES
Sorry, I don't have help for you (maybe, this is of some assistance), but I have two Blakslee woman that I would like to acquire some details about. Your BLAKESLEE may be a connection.

Sarah Chapman Blakslee, b. Sept. 27, 1828 in New Lisbon, NY, m. August 18, 1857 to Egbert G. Reed in Honesdale, PA, d. Jan 24, 1918. Interred at Glen Dyberry cemetery, Honesdale, PA.

Also, buried next to my E. G. Reed and S. C. Blakslee is Elizabeth L. Blakslee, b. Nov 21, 1825, d. May 2, 1887. Her stone has Sister etched on it's top.

Would very much like to make a connection and fill in some of the Blakslee line, if possible. And maybe catch a couple Reed clues too.

My Reed family hailed from the Salisbury and Fairfield vicinities in the late 1700's and early 1800's. Maybe the Blakslee ladies followed them to PA.

Ed Reed

Edward11 REED (William10, William9, Richard8, Egbert7, Charles6, Josiah5, Josiah4, John3, Thomas2, John1)
( http://www.mindspring.com/~dabbler )
Researching REED, COMSTOCK, HETTES, JONES (MD, PA, CT, RI)

Satterlee in Plymouth

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: Satterlee, Blakeslee, Holt, Barnes
I am researching my ancestors who lived in Plymouth, Litchfield Co from 1830's to 1900's. Bela Blakeslee Satterlee married Amanda L. Barnes in 1844. They had children Wallace, William, John and Alice. Wallace married Hannah L. Smith, Alice married Charles J. Holt sometime after 1874. Alice and Charles lived in Terryville. I have no idea what happened to William and John. I believe John died young. I know Alice and Charles had children, but I don't know their names. I also don't have any idea who Amanda's parents are. Can anyone in Litchfield help me?

Meryl

Blakeslee

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:57PM GMT
Ed

The Blakeslee line I am following migrated to Ashtabula Co., Ohio.

Meryl

Re: Satterlee in Plymouth

Kristin Grip (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2002 12:54AM GMT
Hi Meryl,
I'm also researching Blakeslee's in Ashtabula, OH. Specifically Bela Blakeslee (1805-?) who married Sarah Burnett and his parents Bela Blakeslee (1762-1825) & Olive Brown (1766-1832). Bela's an unusual name, isn't it? Do you know anything of why the Ashtabula Blakeslees left CT for OH? Bela & Sarah had three children Orra, Jane and Burnett. Jane was my gggrandmother.
Thanks, Kristin Grip

Re: Satterlee in Plymouth

Posted: 25 Sep 2002 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 2:08PM GMT
Kristin,

Your Bela Blakeslee would have been a brother to Clara (nickname Clarry). Their sister Sina (incorrect in Barbour records-they have Lina) married Col. Philo Welton. Another sister Amanda married Warner Mann. My gggg grandmother Clara Blakeslee married John Satterly. I think I may have put that her name as Bela. If you do a search on google on the Blakeslee Log Cabin it explains why they left Plymouth Ct and went to Plymouth OH. Clara's husband died in 1827 and she went to Plymouth, OH because she had family there at least her brother and sister. I think there may have been more living there too. Sina and Col Welton lived in Medina CO, OH. In 1820 they were living in Sheldon, Genesee Co., NY along with my gggg grandparents John and Clara. Bela is a very unusual name but I have found that it was not that uncommon in those days. I still have not determined when Clara died - but she lived a pretty long life and is buried at the maple grove cemetery in Plymouth, OH. Her sister Amanda Mann is buried there too along with Clara's daughter Amanda Satterlee Mann.

Re: Blakslee

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 10:58PM GMT
Surnames: Blakeslee, Whaples
This post was deleted by the author on 30 Jul 2012 9:25PM GMT

Re: Blakslee

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 11:37PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2012 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Blakslee, Osborn, Osborne, Van Valkenburg, Waldron
Hi, I don't have andy Blakslee, (my Litchfield connection is Osborne) but when I saw you said Ohio and then Washington, D.C. - well, it made me wonder if it wasn't Washington County, Ohio?
http://resources.rootsweb.ancestry.com/USA/OH/Washington/

If he died first and was buried in Ashtabula perhaps she had relates in Washington co.?

--justa thought, Sue, researching
1897 Rosa May VanValkenburg marries Wm Baldwin Osborn

1900 Census Litchfield, Litchfield, CT
Osborn, William B 57 CT CT CT Farmer
--Rose M 29 wife b May 1871 married 2 yrs b MA Ohio[SIC NY] MA
--John Howard 10/12 son
Waldron, Weston 9 boarder
per page

Find a board about a specific topic