Search for content in message boards

Arthur Evans, Sr.

Arthur Evans, Sr.

Kathy Wagner (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2000 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2005 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: Evans, Jones, Turley
I am searching for information on Arthur Evans, Sr. (1865-1937)
and his first wife, Sarah Jones Evans (1868-1911);
born in Wales, he lived at 58 Ivor Street in Maestegg, Glamorgan, Rhonda Valley, Wales, was said to have been a miner; supposed to have come to this country in early 1900's;
I have no information on his second wife.
Also his son, Arthur Evans, Jr. (1889-1971), my great uncle; born in Wales; came to US in early 1900's; married Gladys Turley (1897-1953);
all supposedly buried in Nanticoke, PA.
Arthur Evans, Jr. was a teacher, then school principal in Nanticoke area, liked to play bridge with his friends, may have lived within walking distance of the Welsh Baptist Church in Nanticoke (Green Street?).

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me in looking for information.

Re: Arthur Evans, Sr.

Anne (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2000 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2005 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Evans
I am looking into my Evans family history-- don't have much info-- but Fred Evans (b 1905) lived in the Hanover Twnshp area (near Nanticoke) and had brothers - Arthur, Lee and Evan-- ring any bells??

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 6:09AM GMT
Hello I was wandering if the Lee Evans you have mentioned is my grandfather. He was born in 1922. He was also from the Nanticoke area. Could there possibly be other brothers or sisters? I think some of the names were Donald, Bob or Robert, and possibly Winnifred but they called her Winnie? I have been looking for a long time for some info even sent away for a copy of birth cert but never received anything. Any help would be great. Thanks a bunch. Lisa Evans

Kat in VA (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2005 6:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2005 12:00PM GMT
Many Evans researchers are in the LuzerneConnections Group at Yahoo. I believe there are about 6 different lines from the Luzerne County, PA area - but none of us can seem to connect!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Luzerneconnections/

-Kat in VA

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2006 2:13AM GMT
I have an Arthur Evans, born approx. 1866. In the 1881 Wales census he lived with his parents, David and Hannah Evans on Ivor Street, Maestegg; he was a coal miner. Arthur was later a mine foreman in Nanticoke, PA, and I'm aware that he had a son, Arthur, Jr..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic