Search for content in message boards

Gay - NC

Gay - NC

Posted: 12 Apr 2002 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have any info on a Wesley Gay married a unknown Barfield and lived in Greene Co. NC. about 1873 or so.

Re: Gay - NC

Posted: 8 May 2002 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Gay
John Wesley Gay was my great-great grandfather and married Mary (?) [perhaps Barfield].

Posted: 23 Mar 2004 4:40PM GMT
hello

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 4:43AM GMT
John Wesley Gay was my ggrandfather. Born 6-7-1835 in Edgecomb Co., NC; died 04-05-1900 in Greene Co., NC was married to Mary Ann Barfield (who died ??) and remarried Polly Ann Steps. His fahter was Louis Gay, reportedly of Edgecomb County, but so far no luck with Louis (may be Lewis)

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 12:33PM GMT
If you are a male descendant of this line, with the surname Gay, you should consider to join the Gay Family DNA Study to help us all better understand these families and their connections. You can find more information at:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/g/gay/rec.html
Posted: 1 Feb 2013 7:34PM GMT
Westley, Gay Jun 7, 1835 to Apr 5, 19?? Found a headstone in a run down cemetery on Shirley Road, in Greene County, NC
Attachments:
Posted: 1 Feb 2013 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Death
Edited: 1 Feb 2013 7:54PM GMT
I found a headstone in Greene County,nc. It was in the Walston Family Cemetery on the Vadiford- Thomas Rd. The inscription read as follows Westly Gay Born Jun 7, 1835 Died Apr 5, 19--, the last two numbers could have been 00. Don't know for sure.
Attachments:

Posted: 15 May 2013 9:56AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Thanks for posting. This is my 2nd GGrandfather. Year of death is 1900. I wasn't aware of this cemetery - and so I have a new place to look the next time I am down east.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions