Search for content in message boards

Robert Neal Hutchison of Georgia

Robert Neal Hutchison of Georgia

Posted: 2 Feb 2005 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchison, Jefferies, Rymski
I am looking for information on Robert Neal Hutchison. He was born in GA about 1888. His parents were William T Hutchison and Sarah Neal both from IN. I believe he had 10 brothers and sisters.

According to 1910 US Census he was married to my g-grandmother Linnie Mae and lived in Atlanta GA. My grandmother was born a month after the census. Something must have happened shortly afterwards as he evidently disappeared from my g grandmom's life. Everything was always hush-hushed as my family never mentioned him around my grandmother or my mother as she was growing up.

My g-grandmother remarried (Leon J Rymski) and her new husband raised my grandmother as his own. She was never aware of her "real" fathers existence until she applied for her medicare many years later.

All I have been able to find out about Robert is a brief mention in a newspaper article concerning his death in Pittsburgh, PA in 1922. It mentioned a wife, Florence Jefferies, and that he was a "traveling man".

Can someone help me with this mystery? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Debby Finkle

Re: Robert Neal Hutchison of Georgia

Posted: 10 Sep 2009 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: Hutchison, Nixon, Heery, Green, Crowell

Robert Neal Hutchison (Uncle Robbie) was my great-uncle. He had four sisters: Emma Neal Heery, Loula Wiles Nixon (my grandmother), Willie Belle Green, and Ruby Wiles Crowell. There were five other children but they did not survive. I lost track of him after the 1910 US Census. I have one or two photos of him in an old family album. I know little about him but a lot about his father and mother and sisters as I grew up in Atlanta near my grandmother and Willie Belle and Emma which I will be happy to share.HyG

Posted: 10 Sep 2009 9:47PM GMT
WOW! I would love to see what you have on "Uncle Robbie" and family, including the pics of him and the family.

According to my mom, Robert was never discussed. Matter of fact it wasn't until the mid 1970's that my mother even knew he was her real grandfather. My great grandmother kept it a secret even from my grandmother for many, many years.

From what I have been able to piece together, he married my Great grandmother, Linnie Mae Hamar about 1909 and they lived in Atlanta. My grandmother was Elizabeth Rymski, born in May 1910. Her name when she was born was Emma Neal Hutchison. After Linnie and Robert divorced, between 1911-1912, Linnie remarried and my grandmother was adopted my Leon Rymski.

Robert evidently was a traveling actor and went 1st to NYC working with Bybee Stock Co. He was also a traveling salesman. Somewhere along the line he remarried, I believe Florence Jefferies, supposedly from Chicago. He died Dec 28, 1922 in Pittsburg. I don't know how. He is buried in Northview Cemetery in Atlanta.

I did find his WWI Draft registration dated May 24, 1917. He was claiming exemption because of "serious ?" word is unreadable to me.

That is about all I know about the Hutchison family. So anything you can fill in for me would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to you can reach me at debbyfinkle@att.net.

Thanks for answering my message.

Debby Finkle

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 9:59PM GMT
Surnames: hutchison, heery
Emma Neal Hutchinson was my father George T. Heery's grandmother. He is alive and well at age 86 and can be reached through me if you need information from him. I am also realated to the Hutchinson Family on my mother's side.
I was named for Emma Neal, as is my daughter Emma Neal Heery.

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 2:42AM GMT
I am your father's second cousin. Your grandmother's sister, Loula Wiles Hutchison Nixon, was my grandmother, my father's mother.
Your grandfather,Wilmer Heery,and my father, Robert Gray Nixon, Jr., were first cousins which, I believe, makes George and I second cousins.
George and I spent time together from time to time as children and were in the Scouts together in Decatur.
I last saw George some years ago when we were at Maggie Valley and we spent a weekend with with him and Betty at Highlands on our way home to Florida.
I have found out much information about the family "mystery man,", Robert Neal Hutchison (Uncle Robbie), which I will be happy to share with you if you are interested.
Robert G. Nixon III, rgnixon28@tampabay.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic