Search for content in message boards

New tree sync issue?

New tree sync issue?

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been using FTM2012 since June or so and worked out several issues with syncing along the way. This one is new. Says 'The last sync failed. An error occurred while "Analyzing online changes". Please try again later.'

I've compacted, closed, rebooted and retried several times over the last two days. I generally backup and sync every time I sit down to work on my tree, which is almost every day. I'm in the middle of a project, so am constantly updating both ATM and FTM2012. Is there a way to get a list of changes since the last sync? The sync process itself has one, I know, but it errors out before it gets to that.

Other trees I have sync just fine. Just my main one is not working.

FTM2012 21.0.0.704 & Win7 6.1.7601

Re: New tree sync issue?

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 2:20PM GMT
OK, still don't know what caused it. Some hiccup in the ether I guess. But, for the record, I did find ways to see what I had done in the last few days:

On FTM2012, look in the folder on your computer where media is stored (I have full copies in FTM, not links), sort on date and you can see what was added and when.

On ATM, look in Recent Activity box available on the homepage. You can see some number ? of searches and records that you looked at. Also, in the Tree Pages, Media Gallery the media is in date-added order.

Doesn't get everything I don't think. But if you're like me and you get sidetracked while researching and don't remember every tangent you took, it's a help!

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 3:08PM GMT
I've been getting the same thing plus "It appears the online tree has been deleted.

Another thing I've noticed is different individuals having multiple events (20) of WW II Draft Registration or Death. I'm trying to figure out a way of checking for for duplicate events.

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 3:38PM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2012 3:38PM GMT
"It appears the online tree has been deleted" happens when FTM and Ancestry lose track of each other. Close FTM, wait a little until it is completely shut down, and start it up again and the connection is re-established.

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 5:31PM GMT
I'm having same problem, have reloaded to website but still fails and FTM crashing. I think it's at Ancestry's end... AGAIN!

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 1:56PM GMT
New problem during sync a window pops up with a list of people and events that are in conflict. I corrected some and they were removed from the list. This worked for awhile but then the list repopulated with a new set people and events.

I tried have FTM overwrite and have Ancestry overwrite but get an error message near the end of the sync process.

Mike

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 3:24PM GMT
I am having the same sync error experience. It failed again last night. This has happened half a dozen times now since I bought this software in Fall 2011. The sync errors seem to coincide each time with some of the FTM updates, but not all of them.

Each time I get a sync error, nothing works except to unlink the tree from FTM and re-download it from Ancestry. I have tried rebooting, restoring previous versions ...nothing works except unlinking and reloading.

I am disappointed that I have had to reload my tree so often. Last reload was in July. Today makes the fourth time I have had to unlink and reload it in a year. It seems that the programmers at Ancestry could do a better job of testing the upgrades for this problem.

My tree has over 6000 people in it and takes all day to reload and multiple days for the media to reload. Meanwhile, while it is reloading, I cannot work on it online. I too use it daily. If I had known this, I would have bought genealogy software from the competition.

Tech Specs: FTM 2012 & Win7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, 64 bit. Updates on both current.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic