Search for content in message boards

export wont include enough generations

export wont include enough generations

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 3:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
For some reason, I am only able to export three individuals, I should be exporting dozens with the following steps

Please tell me what I am doing wrong if anyone knows

these are the steps I am taking
file>export>selected individuals>(highlight my grandmother), include>ancestors, include all parents, include all spouses, check include ancestors' decendants, generations to include 1>

Now three individuals are included in filter, and I recognize none of them. If anything ,they are distant relatives, and they are not direct ancestors.

I OK out of everything, and it generates a file with those three people. I have over half a dozen generations back from my grandmother, I dont understand why it isnt including them.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: export wont include enough generations

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 4:32AM GMT
It seems you're only including 1 generation. Set it to 99 and see what happens.

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 10:40PM GMT
It was set to 999, but I went and changed it to 99, then 12 then 6 then 3. It just showed the same three individuals.

\any other ideas?

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 11:17PM GMT
Do you other people with the same name as your grandmother? If so, it is possible you selected the wrong person. You can also use the relationship calculator to see how you are related to the people selected for export.

Curt

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 11:57PM GMT
no the first thing I checked was duplicates and to make sure the name was right

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 2:48AM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2012 2:50AM GMT
What version of FTM are you using?

With this grandmother selected, what does the "Pedigree" chart look like for the 10 generations?

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 4:45AM GMT
ftm 2012
When I have my grandmother's name highlit on the index, her tree shows two generations back on her fathers side, and on her mothers all three are full, then you could "next page" for another half dozen or more generations
per page

Find a board about a specific topic