Search for content in message boards

Bethel Primitive Baptist Ch. Cemetery in Angier or Benson??

Bethel Primitive Baptist Ch. Cemetery in Angier or Benson??

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Benson and Dominick
The obit I have for my relative says she is buried in the above cemetery in Angier, NC which is in Harnett Co. I attempted to research where this cemetery was and came across a church by this name at 395 E. Depot St. She was a native of Johnston Co. though and lived for years in Durham; was divorced and not buried with the ex-husband. Strangely, her parents are buried in a cemetery by the same name, but their death certificates say the cemetery is in Johnston Co. I tried to find this cemetery and came across it at 2458 County Line Rd. (SR 1551), Benson, NC. I am trying to figure out if these are two separate cemeteries or not, as it seems weird that my relative would be buried separately from her parents in another cemetery which has the same name as theirs. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Bethel Primitive Baptist Ch. Cemetery in Angier or Benson??

Posted: 1 Sep 2010 6:31AM GMT
there is a Bethel Primitive Baptist Church at Hickman`s Crossroads in Brunswick County I can check with findagrave.com if you like.

Posted: 1 Sep 2010 6:45AM GMT
according to findagrave Bethel Primitive Baptist Church cemetery is located near Benson in Johnston County near the intersection of Bethel Church Rd.and County Line Rd.What is your relatives name?

Posted: 1 Sep 2010 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Benson and Dominick
I saw the listing on findagrave.com but not all cemeteries are listed on that site. Only when someone has a grave to add to a cemetery and it is not listed are they able to create a new cemetery listing. I thought about doing that for my relative, but did not want to take the chance of listing her in the wrong cemetery. It is possible there are two cemeteries with the same name, one in Angier and one in Benson. My relative's name was Mary Alice Dominick, her maiden name was Benson. The father is listed in the findagrave cemetery in Benson but Mary's obit specifically said she was buried in the cemetery located in Angier. If after a reasonable amount of time I cannot figure out this cemetery problem, I will probably place Mary in the Benson cemetery and request a photo. If the volunteer cannot find a grave marker for her, then I could assume I listed her in the wrong cemetery, remove her, and create a new listing in the Angier cemetery, request a photo and see if that comes back positive. That's not the way I really want to go though.

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 4:47PM GMT
If you did not find your answer, the Harnett County Public Library has a list of the cemeteries in Harnett County. www.harnett.org/library click on the library catalog, choose the obituary database and search cemetery, ancestor, etc. call the library if you can't find what you are looking for 910-893-3446
physical address is 970 Johnson County Rd, Benson. From Hwy 27 in Coats, Turn left on Abbatoir Rd. Turn Left on County Line Rd. Church on left. SR 1551.

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 5:54PM GMT
Melanie; Thank you for your reply. This is the area I suspected the cemetery was in. I believe there is confusion about the location because it is a rural area on the border with another county. Using mapquest for the sake of a map of the area, I am able to follow your directions. When I punch in the physical address you have provided, it is not recognized, nor is the address I had previously obtained, 2458 County Line Rd. in Benson. I am able to get NEAR the cemetery on mapquest by using the address [2092 - 2199] County Line Rd., ANGIER. At this time I am not able to find anything else that works, but this is good enough for me. Thank you for helping to clarify this location.

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 6:36PM GMT
the Harnett County Cemetery Committee is working on clarifying actual locations of Cemeteries. Countyline Road divides Harnett/Johnston county for a ways. The mailing address on that road is probably Benson, but since it is in Harnett County, and there is no "mailing" address, and probably has not been GISed :-) then hard to find without going out there physically. I looked and we have 30 names in the cemetery. Could be more, if there was not a headstone. The name you originally posted was not listed in the cemetery. Doesn't mean she's not there, though. will keep poking around.

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 5:34PM GMT
I'm searching for a relative buried in the same cemetery.

It's just outside Angier, NC.

The Church had closed it's doors, so there's not much info to google about it either. I found this out from a local Funeral home.

I'm not sure if i plan to drive all the way down there yet, or not.
It's probably 4 hours for me.

Troy

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 5:43PM GMT
Have you tried sending your request thru Roots Web for Hartnet County, NC? Perhaps someone who lives there either has the info or can check out the cemetery for you.

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 6:18PM GMT
I'm pretty computer illiterate. Not sure how to send that request.

I have called the Angier Police Dept - they did not have any idea.

Troy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions