Search for content in message boards

Minnesota Hospital Records

Minnesota Hospital Records

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 8:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
the instructions state to enter the city and state-separated with a comma- for the residence, but the program doesn't accept this information without keying F7
am I doing something wrong?

Re: Minnesota Hospital Records

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 9:08PM GMT
No - we quite often have to F7 such entries.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 9:53PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2013 9:56PM GMT
Just a note - for residence, we do not key all in one field so commas are not necessary (residence fields are separated into city, county, state fields and you don't key the state field if it is Minnesota). You would key birth residence if shown with city, county, state (even if it is in Minnesota) as seen except do not key the word County or Co. An example would be if "Mpls Hennepin County Minn" is shown as birth residence it would be keyed as "Mpls, Hennepin, Minn" in the birth residence field.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 2:47PM GMT
I'm also working with the Minnesota Hospital Records. What do you do if the gender is obviously wrong on the record i.e. the first name is "Tonnetta" and occupation is "housewife" with nine children. However, under sex there's an "M"..
What do I key in?

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 3:04PM GMT
Key as seen even if you think it's an error.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 8:58PM GMT
That's what I did, thanks. Another question. Does it mean anything if there is a #2, #7, etc. after someone's name i.e. William Peterson #2
John Smith #7

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 9:34PM GMT
Must mean something to someone but we don't key them!

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 10:39PM GMT
I presume it means there was more than one patient of the same name, so the number would not be of much use to researchers.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 11:57PM GMT
These have been the most enjoyable image sets I've worked on. I'm shocked at the number of drug addicts at the turn of the century. I've always thought intravenous drug use was a modern demon.
Some of the patient notes are amusing. I'm sure a modern day doctor or nurse would get into big trouble for saying "patient is stupid but very friendly to everyone".
Thanks for answering my questions. I really appreciate the help.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 12:33AM GMT
Or possibly a readmission of the same patient.... I'm not really sure. But it hast to be one of those.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic