Search for content in message boards

FTM FAN Chart

FTM FAN Chart

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been playing this afternoon. Is there any way to superimpose the FTM FAN chart over a map and have each person in some way keyed to the country of their birth.

By color?

or Lines/arrow?

Re: FTM FAN Chart

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 11:52PM GMT
Keith -

Although I also use FTM, I am more familiar with TMG charts and have posted a couple of examples on their chart forum showing country of origins. Not exactly what you have in mind, but maybe you can adapt the flag example to an FTM chart, using the Insert Image option. My examples are in the 3d and 4th posts in this message:
http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=147...

Virginia

Re: FTM FAN Chart

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 3:52AM GMT
That would work in FTM as I believe you can insert a photo for each person. That photo would be the country flag.

My goal was a simpler. In recent weeks I have assisted nieces and nephews with class projects. For children their age it would be nice to give them the fan chart supper imposed over the world map and have some connection to the country of each person's birth. The map would be less abstract than the flag. and would quickly show them the world distribution of their ancestors.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions