Search for content in message boards

SAUNDERS of Fleming Co., KY

Johnson

Shirl McNeely (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I don't recognize your JOHNSON. Thank You for your help... If you want to talk more on this let me know...

FIRST GENERATION

1. Sylvannus SAUNDERS was born in 1788 in Loudoun Co., VA. He died on 11 Jul 1875 in Fleming County, Kentucky.

He was married to Mary JOHNSON. Mary JOHNSON was born in 1788. She died on 1 Dec 1882. Sylvannus SAUNDERS and Mary JOHNSON had the following children:

+2 i. Sylvanus SAUNDERS.

3 ii. Samuel SAUNDERS was born in 1826.

+4 iii. Mary SAUNDERS.

5 iv. Maranda SAUNDERS was born on 10 Jan 1828 in Kentucky. She died on 10 Mar 1838 in Kentucky.

6 v. James SAUNDERS was born in 1829.

7 vi. Albert SAUNDERS was born in 1831.

8 vii. Simpson SAUNDERS was born in 1833.

SECOND GENERATION

2. Sylvanus SAUNDERS was born in 1816 in Kentucky.

He was married to Nancy BUCKLEY in 1835. Nancy BUCKLEY was born in 1816. Sylvanus SAUNDERS and Nancy BUCKLEY had the following children:

+9 i. Franklin SAUNDERS.

4. Mary SAUNDERS was born on 17 Apr 1827 in Kentucky. She died in 1842 in Kentucky.

She was married to John NORIZ on 18 Nov 1841 in Kentucky.
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Fawns, Gray
I am a descendant of Louellen Johnson b. 19 Oct 1859 and died 6 Jan 1885. She married a Fawns, but was not able to determine which one. Been told Jesse or James Fawns. I think she was the daughter of Thomas and Malinda J. (Allender) Johnson. She may have had a brother Noble. My great grandmother was Cordelia Jane (Fawns) Gray. She was married to Ulysses Grant Gray. All of the above occurred in Fleming County, Ky. Something happened to Cordelia's parents because she was orphaned at a young age.
Ringo Farm may have something to do with Ringles Mills, Fleming Co., Ky. There is a cemetery there. A Lafayette Saunders was living with Ulysses Grant Gray family in 1900, in Fleming County, Ky. Never have figured out why.

SAUNDERS of Fleming Co., KY

Surnames: SAUNDERS, MAUZY, LOCKE, JOHNSON, STEWART, DAILEY, McKINNEY, OXLEY
Would like to exchange info for anyone researching the following names in Fleming Co., KY.. Main name is SAUNDERS. MAUZY, LOCKE, JOHNSON, STEWART(STUART), DAILEY, McKINNEY, OXLEY. This is in the early 1800's..
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Fawns, Gray
Thanks so much in responding so quickly. Perhaps there were more than one line of Johnson's in Fleming County. But still - I had a Lafayette Saunders living with my Gray's in 1900. Seems like there ought to be something here. I will keep this query on file, perhaps someone else can help us with this family. Again thanks.
Sheila

Saunders of Fleming Co., KY

Posted: 13 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SAUNDERS, GUNNELL, MAUZEY, ROBINSON
Hi There,
I am descended from that twin brother Gunnell !!!!! I would like to talk further with you on the line!!! Nice to meet you cuzzie!!!!
I have Sylvanus married to Mary JOHNSON is this correct?

Saunders of Flenning Co., Ky.

Posted: 13 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2002 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Saunders, Gunnell, Robinson
Sylvanus SAUNDERS b. March 5, 1788 was the son of Gunnell & Ellen ROBINSON SAUNDERS.
Gunnell was the son of James b. 1719 in Scotland & Sarah GUNNELL
James fathers name was Henry Saunders in Scotland.
My 4th great grandfather was James SAUNDERS, twin brother to Gunnell b. March 10, 1748
info from the SAUNDERS book, put together in the 1970's.

SAUNDERS family

Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SAUNDERS, PLUMMER, MAUZY, LOCKE, RINGO
Marguerite,
I would like to talk to you more on this. Unfortunately I will be off line for a while.. Family emergency. I have someone that will contact you as she is also possibly in the same line.. Thanks, Shirl

Correction and addresses

Edited: 24 Mar 2002 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Saunders
Should have previewed before posting. The addresses for the Saunders webpage and Gertrude's address did not post. Ed's webpage is:

http://home.att.net/~eesaunders

Email me for Gertrude's email address. I shouldn't post it without permission.

Marg~
Surnames: Saunders
My husband is a descendant of Gunnel Saunders' son Sylvanes Saunders. A cousin of his has a database on that line of descent. I have also located a website by Ed Saunders that questions the story of his father/grandfather coming from Scotland. It makes interesting reading.

For Saunders info from Sylvanes, email Gertrude:

Marguerite
Posted: 20 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Saunders, Johnson, Sanders, Buckley, Mynear, Emmons, Hill, Bowen
The Mary JOHNSON who was a wife to Sylvanes SAUNDERS, Sr. was born 1794 in Mason Co, KY according to my sources, not 1788. That date was the birthdate of Sylvanes. My husband descends from their son Sylvanes, Jr. who married Nancy Buckley, and from their daughter Mary Ann "Polly" Saunders/Sanders who married Henry Mynear. I have some information on this line. Polly was Frank's sister. Henry and Polly married 7 Nov 1866 in Fleming Co, KY. Henry died early in 1874 in Bath Co and left Polly with five sons to raise. Their son David Smith Mynear, who lived to be ninety was my husband's great-grandfather. He married Angie Mae Hill and their daughter Mary Ann married James Kirk Emmons, descendant of Joseph Emmons and Susan Bowen, early Fleming Co residents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions