Search for content in message boards

Minnesota State Records

Minnesota State Records

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
If you are keying these records, please note that they usually consist of two pages on each image. Some keyers are only entering the left hand page, and if there are a lot of records on the image the failure to key the second page will make big impact on your accuracy score.

Re: Minnesota State Records

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 8:15PM GMT
I've also run across this in reviewing. Additionally, a lot of keyers are keying the county of the hospital in the residence space. The Field Help and/or the wiki remind us that just because a person is in a hospital in Hennepin or Washington County doesn't mean that they reside in that county.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 10:39PM GMT
Please refer to example image 6 and 12. The markup seems to indicate otherwise. I'll ask Anna, since the text of the field help doesn't seem to match these samples.

http://www.ancestry.com/wiki/images/5/5b/MN_Hospital_Record_...

http://www.ancestry.com/wiki/index.php?title=World_Archives_...

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 10:51PM GMT
It is my understanding that the county indicated on the example Paul has given was residence county - not the one for the hospital. I have done several searches when not sure about the name and they actually came up as a patient in a hospital in a different county.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 5:36AM GMT
this from anna
----

Paul,
The difference is that there are county records and hospital records. There are subtle differences. I am away from my computer right now but will post some examples of each later that illustrate each type of record.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 7:25PM GMT
I'm doing some for the Third Minnesota Hospital for Insane.
Carlton County.

So they do, or do not want Carlton entered in the Residence County field?

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 7:49PM GMT
I'm trying to parse that out myself.... best answer I have is that at for the ones where the county is at the top of the sheets we use it.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 10:44PM GMT
I had a look at the sample images.It seems to be one of the cases where they want it.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 5:09PM GMT
I am going with Paul, unless I hear otherwise. He's always been right when I've had a question in the past couple of years.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic