Search for content in message boards

William McMahon and Mary Rowan / Ruane

William McMahon and Mary Rowan / Ruane

Robert S. McMahon (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McMahon, Rowan, Ruane
Looking for any information on William and Mary (Rowan/Ruane) McMahon reportedly from County Clare, Parish of Feakle, Ireland. They Lived there before 1850. I believe their children Thomas b. 1816, Timothy b. 1820 and Michael b. 1829 were born in Feakle. They relocated in Charlestown, Sullivan, New Hampshire,USA around 1850. Any help would be apreciated!

Thanks!

e-mail addresses:
Robert.McMahon@bergenbrunswig.com
rmcmahon@flash.net

Re: William McMahon and Mary Rowan / Ruane

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 10:47PM GMT
My grandfather William Michael McMahon born in Foynes Clare 1880 or 90. Great grandfather also William McMahon from Limerick. Brother Denis and sister Kate.

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 9:14PM GMT
I'm a descendant of William McMahon and Mary Ruane's daughter Bridget, and have a lot of information on this family. Did not know if 1999 email still viable. Let me know if you still want information.

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: McMahon
I would love more information on this line.

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 6:11PM GMT
Let me know what kind of information you're looking for, like which one of their descendants. I should be able to give you some info and sources.

Robin in Maryland

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 6:13PM GMT
My last attempt to reply said there was an error. Let me know what kind of info you're looking for, such as which descendant is the key one. I should be able to give you some info and sources.

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 2:29AM GMT
Hi
I was wondering if their son was Thomas McMahon b. 1816 in Feakle Co. Clare, Ireland. My ancestor was Patrick McMahon b. 1847 from Feakle, Co. Clare, Ireland then moved to Farmington, CT. His sister, Bridget McMahon moved there too. Patrick was supposedly, Thomas McMahon's son.

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Hi
I was wondering if their son was Thomas McMahon b. 1816 in Feakle Co. Clare, Ireland. My ancestor was Patrick McMahon b. 1847 from Feakle, Co. Clare, Ireland then moved to Farmington, CT. His sister, Bridget McMahon moved there too. Patrick was supposedly, Thomas McMahon's son.

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 4:19PM GMT
Probably a different Thomas McMahon, although given Feakle's small size undoubtedly a relative. My Thomas born circa 1816 died 1886 in Charlestown, NH. Wife Mary McLaughlin from Galway 1816-81. They immigrated 1848-50 based on children's birthplaces: Mary 1843, Annie 1845, Sarah 1848 (all born Ireland), Bridget 1850, Margaret 1853 (both NH). Town histories, town/church records, censuses don't mention a son Patrick. Daughter Bridget never married and died in Charlestown in 1875. My Thomas had siblings Sarah 1813-93, Michael 1814-88, Timothy 1820-78, Bridget 1825-1912, all immigrating 1846-54, dying in Charlestown. Mother Mary (Ruane) McMahon 1795-1874 immigrated 1854. Father William died before then. Robin in Maryland

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 5:49PM GMT
Thanks Robin. Yes. We are most likely related based on all of the names of your relatives, but different immediate families.
Thanks,
Tom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic