Search for content in message boards

Surname Byriel or Byrialsen

Surname Byriel or Byrialsen

Lavonne (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 7:46PM GMT
My father's parents were born in Denmark and came to the USA in the 1880s, and my Byriel Grandmother had written in some family info that three Byriel Brothers came to Denmark from France in 1818.
There is also a possibility that the French spelling may have been Byrialsen. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who may know something about the family of those three Byriel brothers from France. I can be contacted through this forum or by email to lmarc@netins.net

Re: Surname Byriel or Byrialsen

Lavonne Marcusen (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 1:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Please forward any replies to my new e-mail address:
lmarc@metc.net.. Thank you! Lavonne

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 5:53PM GMT
My email address has changed to vonm@iowatelecom.net .
Please reply to this board or to my new email address.

Thank you. Lavonne Marcusen

Posted: 14 May 2013 3:43PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2013 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Byriel & Byrialsen
My email address has now been changed to
vonm@windstream.net
Please direct any correspondence to that address. Thank you!! Lavonne Marcusen

Posted: 25 May 2013 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2013 11:04PM GMT
I'm sure people would like to help. It's a little hard to know who you are talking about for sure. Is this one of "your" Byriels, below? Is it only the early 1800s brothers you want to know about?

US Census
Montgomery County, Ohio
Martin P Byriel age 59
Anna E Byriel age 62

Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
Lewis E Byrel 37 born about 1903 in Ohio
Marie Byrel 35
Minnetta Wilhelm 62, widowed mother, born about 1878 Indiana
Martin Byriel 89, grandfather, widowed, born about 1851 in Denmark,naturalized US Citizen

Find a Grave Memorial
Martin P Byriel, Senior (1851 - died 1943)
Burial: Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio
buried with Anna E. (1849-1931)

Posted: 26 May 2013 8:22PM GMT
Hi Lavonne,

If Martin Petersen Byriel is your ancestor, according to the Ohio death record, he was born in Copenhagen on 11 Mar 1851, father Christian Byriel. I will search further for you.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 29 May 2013 4:28PM GMT
Hello Paul,
No Martin Petersen Byriel is not my ancestor.

I think we now have the needed information about the Byriel ancestors given to me by the wife of a distant Byriel family member in Denmark who has done extensive research about our ancestors.

My Byriel/Mortensen ancestors immigrated from the Bevtoft and Vedsted parishes of Schleswig-Holstein.

Thank you for responding to my query. I am not a member of Ancestry.com. I just subscribed to their trial offer and decided not to continue the subscription at this time .....and tried to reply to your message earlier in the week, but the site would not accept my password since I am not a member, so I was happy to be able to reply to you this morning in this manner, so you won't spend time searching for us.

Thanks for other help you have previously given me in my searching....appreciate it very much!!

Lavonne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic