Search for content in message boards

Hannon/Scanlon, Gurteen, Sligo

Hannon/Scanlon, Gurteen, Sligo

Posted: 6 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jan 2002 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Hannon, Scanlon
Looking for info about Mary Hannon and Patrick Scanlon, parents of Catherine Scanlon, b. 1880 in Gurteen, Co. Sligo.
Other siblings, Bridget Scanlon Geoghegan, Mary Scanlon Carr, Anne Scanlon Sammon, and Patrick. Catherine left Ireland in 1892-93 for USA after her mother died. Other listed children above also left. Catherine married Bernard Beirne in New York City about 1901.

Scanlon dates

Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2002 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Scanlon, Hannon
I don't see any connections at this point, but do you have any dates on Jane -- birth, death, marriage?-- or anything about her parents or possible siblings?

Scanlon

Mary Lynn C. Burglass (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
My g g grandfather's brother Bernard Flynne married Jane Scanlon of Co. Sligo. They came into NYC, lived there for five years (all children born NYC) and then moved to New Orleans. Does the name "Fildre" mean anything to you ?
"Casey"

Scanlon

Mary Lynn C. Burglass (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Jane T. Scanlon came from Co. Sligo to the USA in 1868 (I think) THis was the year she married Bernard Flynne and started her family. Children were: James, Catherine, Charles T. or F., Jennie, and John Joseph.

One baptismal cert. says "Fildre" for Charles his death cert. says Tilden.

Bernard Flynne died 1912. Mary Jane died May 24 1918 at age 74. I have found many dates of birth highly unreliable. Her father may have been James Scanlon - no other info at this time.

Hannon Surname

Michael fryer (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hannon
My great great grandmother was Mary Hannon, she married Michael Egan and had my great grandmother Mary Egan b.1859.
Hannon/Egan lived in County Roscommon, very close to County Sligo at the time of her birth. If any connection to the Hannon/Egan family let me know.

Scanlon

Susan Cunningham (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Scanlon, Lavin, Lavan, Feeney, McBride, Daly
My great-grrandmother Mrs. Honora Lavan came from Co. Sligo.
At her death in 1919 in Bethlehem, PA three sisters were listed among her survivors: Mrs. Margaret SCANLON of Ireland, Mrs. Catherine Smith of Iowa, and Mrs. Winifred Killelea of Leominster, MA. Among her pallbearers were two nephews, Thomas Feeney and John McBride, both of New York City. Three other pallbearers were brothers of her son-in-law and the sixth one was a Thomas Daly who was probably related in some way. I have yet to learn Honora's maiden name and am looking for clues that might point to it.

Re: Scanlon

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 9:04PM GMT
Hello, My Scanlon's came from Co. Sligo Ireland in 1895 apprx. I wonnder if Timothy son of James Scanlon was related to yours somehow?

Re: Scanlon

Ken Beirne (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 6:33AM GMT
Surnames: Scanlon
1895 is about right for my family. Unfortunately I have no records of any Timothy's in any and all directions.

Re: Hannon/Scanlon, Gurteen, Sligo

Karen Lynch (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2004 6:14PM GMT
My grandmother was a Catherine Scanlon born somewhere in Ireland in 1880. Do you think it could be a match?
Karen

Re: Hannon/Scanlon, Gurteen, Sligo

Karen Lynch (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2004 6:19PM GMT
My grandmother was a Catherine Scanlon born somewhere in Ireland in 1880. Do you think it could be a match?
Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions