Search for content in message boards

John Marlow of County Tyrone, Ireland

John Marlow of County Tyrone, Ireland

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marlow
Born 1818 in County Tyrone, Ireland.
I'd love to be able to trace my family's roots back further in Ireland. My great-great grandfather John Marlow emigrated to the US and died there. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Re: John Marlow of County Tyrone, Ireland

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 10:04PM GMT
Hello,

I have Marlow ancestry from County Tyrone. I have done extensive research on my Marlows. Contact me directly at

peterdouglasmurphy@gmail.com

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: Marlow, Marlowe
Hi,

I have a John James Marlow who migrated to New England and died in the Civil War. Could yours possible be related?

Posted: 2 Nov 2011 7:51PM GMT
Please e-mail me at peterdouglasmurphy@gmail.com. If your Marlow was from County Tyrone, he was almost certainly a nephew of my ancestor Sarah Marlow Graham.

Peter

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 7:46AM GMT
I don't believe so. Mine lived until 1912.

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: Marlow
This morning I read your post on Ancestry.com about John Marlow. I have an ancestor, John James Marlow, who was born around 1820 from County Tyrone. He came to the US and married Bridget Brady, also from Ireland, on Nov 25, 1845 at Saint Joseph’s Church, Washington Place and 6th Ave, NY City. A few months later they moved to New Haven where he joined the 9th US Infantry and left for the Mexican War to fight at Chapultapec and Marino del ray. Bridget went with him acting as a nurse. In 1861 he joined the 9th Regiment Connecticut Volunteers ( CT’s Irish regiment ) and left New Haven and Bridget with five children, the youngest being one month old. He died in the July heat opposite Vicksburg of malaria as the Ninth was assigned along with four other regiments to dig “Williams Canal” designed to reroute the Mississippi River and leave the guns at Vicksburg unimportant militarily. He is believed to have been reburied after the war in an unmarked grave in the Vicksburg National Cemetery as one of 17,000 Union soldiers. His name is also included on a plaque on the Ninth Regiment Monument dedicated at Bayview Park, New Haven in August 1903 as well as on the Soldiers and Sailors Monument dedicated atop East Rock in New Haven in June of 1887. The Marlow family and descendants are numerous.

Bob Larkin

robertolarkin@yahoo.com
Attachments:

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 8:58AM GMT
Surnames: marlow
I also am a Marlow from birth till I married but have brothers. Our Ggrandfather Maurice(morris)Marlow came from C0/ Tyrone Ireland approx. 1869 his father was called John as stated on his wedding cert. I have searched all ways and can not find anything on J Marlow or the rest of family in N Ireland. Found JM renting land he stated he was a farmer on the same cert of Morris wedding. Morris is mentioned in the R/C church Baptism Aughalo(Aughaloe Aughnacloy)1846and his father John.That is all I know From 1870 I know everything about Morris but nothing about his brothers or sisters and where they lived even his mum's name.

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 2:05PM GMT
Thank you! My ancestor John Marlow was born in County Tyrone in 1818 and emigrated to the US in 1840. He eventually settled in Wisconsin, and lived there until his death in 1913.

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 2:31PM GMT
I have the County Tyrone Marlows traced back to at least 1770. If you are interested email me at peterdouglasmurphy@gmail.com and I will send you a file as an attachment.

Peter

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 11:34AM GMT
Surnames: marlows
Looking for anything to do with the Marlow of C-Tyrone my gggfather was called John B1816? had a son called Morris (Maurice)B1846 who came to England roughly about 1868-71. His father John Marlow a farmer. Rented land off Mrs Campbell near Canteel- Loughans. Any ideas who John married.
John was still alive when Morris married in 1879.In Catholic Church Burnley Lancs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions