Search for content in message boards

Sync Error

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 3:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Dec 2012 5:04PM GMT
I am wondering if anyone else is currently experiencing Sync problems. Prior to today, when I have encountered a problem with a sync, an alert popped up during the sync usually indicating there is a server problem. Today I have tried to sync my AMT with FTM 2012 three times and an error message pops up (see attachment) near the end of the 45 minute sync process. I have restarted FTM twice more after rebooting my PC, making sure I have no other programs open. Same error message. Last synced a week ago without any issues. Because there are over 72000 individuals in my AMT and there are currently over 33,000 files in my FTM 2012 Media folder, unlinking and then relinking my AMT is an alternative I would like to avoid. Relinking a tree of that size would be a three day process based on my prior experience.
Attachments:

Re: Sync Error

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 4:55PM GMT
Have had the same error message for the last week or so, and I was also waiting to see if there was anyone else with the same problem before trying to unlink my tree etc! Not sure what to do so was just going to wait and see whether a software fix becomes available, maybe if other people see these messages it might get sorted.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:03PM GMT
I just sync-ed mine - no issues whatsoever.

10K+ people.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:10PM GMT
BurgessDonnelly...Are there Media files in your AMT? I ask because the sync error message occurs for me just about the point in the sync procees where Media Data is usually analyzed.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:23PM GMT
I have added 7735 media files - 6468 images and 1267 stories (pdfs and txt files). In addition, I synchronize all media for the census and other records - for a total of 17,711 media items.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:30PM GMT
BurgessDonnelly...Thanks for the info. Guess that rules out Media files as the culprit. Perhaps my AMT has just gotten too big to sync with 72,000+ individuals and 33,000+ media files!

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:32PM GMT
Have you compacted your file recently?

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:35PM GMT
Have not compacted recently. I'll give it a shot.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:48PM GMT
If it has been a while, you will likely want to compact multiple times, until the percentage is down to 0%.

Also - compacting with the file closed will probably be helpful.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 2:27AM GMT
Stephen

Did the compact resolve your issue?

There are some very knowledgeable contributors to this board who can help, if you are still having issues. I'm a minor leaguer compared to some of the All Stars on this board.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions