Search for content in message boards

FLINT, GOTSELL, CUNNINGHAM in Norfolk

FLINT, GOTSELL, CUNNINGHAM in Norfolk

Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Feb 2013 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: FLINT, GOTSELL, CUNNINGHAM
Looking for any links with these families in Deopham, Forehoe or Heacham. or any other place in Norfolk.

research for Flint

Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2002 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Flint, Cole
Looking for Flint family in Wisbech. GGrandmother, Elizabeth Flint B:21Aug1843, married a John Cole, 1861,
emmigrated to USA 1896 with husband.
Only information on family: Father William Flint, mother Mary, brother William.
Johnn Cole was a family servant and Elizabeth was disowned for marrying lower class. Whatever. That is all I have.

Re: Family

John Greenwood (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2001 8:50AM GMT
Do Cunninghams of Woodton & Bedingham, Norfolk fit?

katolakrta (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2005 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: Flint
I have just now found your older posting. I also am researching Flint's in Deopham, Forehoe, Wheatacre, Norfolk.etc.
If you would like to get in touch, maybe we can find some sort of match.
Ruth

Posted: 24 Feb 2007 7:10PM GMT
Hello

I am researching Flints from Norfolk. Mine are from Deopham, Wicklewood, Forehoe and Morley St Boltolph. I have got back as far as James Flint born in Deopham in c. 1787. He was a rat catcher! He was married to Sarah (also from Norfolk) and they had 4 children (that I know of). They are Robert, William, Sarah and Mary A.

Anyone help?

Many thanks.

Re: FLINT, GOTSELL, CUNNINGHAM in Norfolk - James Flint 1787

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 4:15PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2013 3:38PM GMT
The only record of James being born in Deopham is from the 1851 census record; there is no record of James in the Deopham Parish Registers or Archdeacons' Transcripts. However if he was brought up in Deopham, he was the son of either William (b 1751) or John (b1753)- probably William rather than John, as the latter seemed to be in Morley at around this time.

I would have thought that some research into the Poor Law records might uncover something about James, but I haven't got round to researching them yet!

Re: FLINT, GOTSELL, CUNNINGHAM in Norfolk

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2013 3:39PM GMT
Surnames: Godsel
My Mother is a Gotsell and I have traced her dad's side of the family back to Ireland in the 1700's. Most of the information about the Gotsell family that I have found online dates the Gotsell's settling in Limerick in the 1700's. I'm still working on making an absolute connection as my ancestors.

I am assuming that they were originally from England as that is where most of the Gotsells (Godsel, many different spellings) seem to be located.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions