Search for content in message boards

Arrival Facts being added to FTM

Arrival Facts being added to FTM

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 4:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have noticed a new issue when adding citations from within FTM.

When FTM adds a new person from the 1930 census I am getting an ARRIVAL fact added, even though this person is listed as being born in the states.

It only appears to happen with the 1930 census and no others.
Attachments:

Re: Arrival Facts being added to FTM

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 1:14PM GMT
Was there possibly a transcription error in the index of that record?

I ask because I had a page a few days ago where everyone on the page was listed, in the index, as naturalized. The enumerator had made an error and entered something in the naturalized column, for every person. Then s/he had struck through the errors, but the indexer had assumed that meant everyone on that page was naturalized, although they were clearly born in the USA.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 3:06PM GMT
TeeZee,

Did you look at the Census Record itself?

I am guessing that you did a Web Merge.

The Arrival Fact is from the Immigration column in the Census Record. But, look at the Census Record itself.

Russ

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 5:29PM GMT
This has bene a problem for some time. If the individual is new I'll delete the record and if the person is a current one, I'll not merge the fact.

Regards,

It's a glitch.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 10:51PM GMT
I have had this problem since I started using FTM. As others have said if the 1930 Census creates a new individual, a blank arrival fact is always generated as best I can determine. I then have to delete that fact if I remember.

It's definitely a glitch.

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 10:54PM GMT
This issue started a few months ago with a change from Ancestry.com. Sometime around the 1940 US Census release.

Regards,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions