Search for content in message boards

Copying a Book in FTM 2012

Copying a Book in FTM 2012

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Running FTM 21012 build 723 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.

I have defined a "Book" for one person.
Now I would like to copy that book and make a few changes in the selection of some of the charts and reports, for a different person. I do NOT want to go through the design process again to get these 15 or so charts and reports.

Re: Copying a Book in FTM 2012

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 7:11PM GMT
If I understand what you want to do is to make a copy of the book and then in the copy make changes in some of the charts, etc. so the new book is tailored to a sibling of the person in the original book.

I don't think you can do this if there is I have never found it.

This is something like I would like to do in a book. I use extensive text items to describe assumption, problems, or stories about families in my books.

When I develop a book for a subfamily in the original book I would like to be able to use these text items in the new book without recreating the text item. i.e. if I write a Text Item A about a name change for a subfamily in Book A, I would like to use Text Item A in Book B. I would then like to update Text Item A and have the changes appear in Book A and Book B

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 7:25PM GMT
Did you ever find a way to do this?

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 8:02PM GMT
I don't think any of this can be done without changes in the basic program code of FTM 2012. I don't know it is a planned addition to FTM 2014
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions