Search for content in message boards

Hollywood Cemetery Atlanta, GA

Hollywood Cemetery Atlanta, GA

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2006 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am one of 7 children. Both of my parents are deceased. I had a brother who died in 1944 as an infant. My oldest sister believes that he was buried in the Hollywood Cemetery in Hapeville/Decatur, but she was only 9 when he died, and she is not sure. He would have died in March or April of 1944 and his name was Hugh Phillip Adams. He may be buried in a plot owned by Pierce. Pierce was my mother's maiden name. How would I get records to find his grave or if he is even in the cemetery? Thank you for your help.

Re: Hollywood Cemetery Atlanta, GA

Posted: 29 Nov 2006 11:05PM GMT
Hugh P Adams died on 15 Mar 1944
in Fulton , white male 2 months old.
Death Certificate: 5469

That's all I could come up with. Best of luck in your quest. Bud

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2006 8:09PM GMT
Thank you so much for your reply. So he did die in Fulton County. Did you get this info from public records or do you know if someone would have info like this at Hollywood Cemetery if he is there? I would like to find his grave and visit it. We have talked about moving him next to my parents in Virginia if we could find him.

Posted: 30 Nov 2006 8:49PM GMT
Hi: I am not at all famaliar with Hollywood Cemetery, so I do not know what they might have, I have been doing lookups and photos on request for a few months, but, I stay out of Atlanta. In Tenn the Death Certificate usually, 99% of the time, gives place and date of burial, so I thought that that info might be helpful to you. Sorry.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2006 9:02PM GMT
Thank you again. I'll try to get a copy of the death certificate. I don't blame you for staying out of Atlanta. I went through the other day and between the traffic and the crime, I don't know which way go turn. I thought maybe the cemetery has someone to contact for the location of a grave plot, but I guess the best thing to do is get the death certificate to make sure he is there. Thanks again. Linda

Posted: 30 Nov 2006 9:09PM GMT
You are very much welcome. Elsewhere in this forum you will see several discussions on Hollywood Cemetery. Quite interesting. Bud
PS If you find that he is East, North or South of Atlanta I will check it out. Have car and time and will travel. Wife and I enjoy getting out into new territory. NO CHARGE. BB

Posted: 7 Feb 2007 6:34PM GMT
If the grave's in Atlanta I could go take a picture for you. However, Hollywood Cemetery is dicey because of horrible neglect for at least thirty years.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions