Search for content in message boards

DILLON, HILLIER, COOKSEY

DILLON, HILLIER, COOKSEY

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 2:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cooksey, Dillon, Hillier
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to trace my grandmother's step-sister. She was born Elsie Annie HILLIER in Blaina, Monmouthshire, Wales, UK in 1897. In 1917, she married Andrew C. Dillon at Christchurch, Hampshire, England. She then had 2 children, Elsie M. in 1918 and Austin C in 1919, both born in Monmouthshire. Her mother and step father, George & Sarah Matilda COOKSEY emigrated from Monmouthshire to Melbourne on October 31, 1927. I believe Andrew and Elsie also emigrated, but so far I have been unable to find them on passenger lists.

Does anyone else have an interest in or info on this DILLON family? If so I'd very much like to hear from them.

Kindest regards to all,

Jon

Re: DILLON, HILLIER, COOKSEY

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 3:28PM GMT
Am not connected to family, did find death of Sarah Matilda Cooksey, aged 70, Father Jas Boycott, Mother Mary Elizabeth Jones, death place South Melbourne, Victoria, 1944, reg. no. 11536.

Found death of a Reginald Cooksey, aged 73, ather George, Mother Sara Matilda, place Whei. Victoria 1984 reg. no. 09577

There is a death George Cooksey Father George, mother unknown, aged 62,East Melbourne, Victoria 1930 reg. no. 14525

Elsie Annie Dillon, death Father George Hillier, mother Sarah Matilda Boycott, aged 55 Place Heidelberg, reg. no. 2244

Found death of a Andrew C Dillon, aged 57, father Andrew Charles Dillon, mother Jane Ellis, Place Heidelberg, reg. no. 9440

Found death of a Samuel Ellis Dillon, aged 74, place Coburg, 1978 reg. no. 6099 & John Dillon,aged 85, Place Prahran, 1964 reg no. 10441 father Andrew
Charles & Jane Ellis

Posted: 6 Sep 2009 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: Cooksey, Dillon
Hi,

Thank you ever so much for all this information, it's deeply appreciated, and helps enormously in filling in details. I was very unsure as to who the parents of Andrew DILLON were as I only came across his marriage index to Elsie HILLIER on Free BMD yesterday and haven't ordered the certificate. This now makes it very certain who his parents are, and his sibblings to boot!So thank you once again!

Kindest regards and best wishes,

Jon
http://www.jonnixey.me.uk

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Dillon Hillier
Hi

My mother is Elsie Myfanwy Dillon whos mother was Elsie Annie Dillon - married to Andrew Charles Dillon. Please contact me for further information

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Dillon, Ellis, Hillier
Hi - your grandfather Andrew Charles (husband of Elsie) was the son of Andrew Charles and Jane Ellis. This Andrew Charles was my 2nd Great Grand Uncle. I am from one of the branches that didn't emigrate to Australia. Let me know if you'd like to swap info.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 10:24AM GMT
Would love to swap information. I am just getting started with this but have found a long lost cousin that has found lots of info.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 10:52AM GMT
No problem. Send me your email address and exactly what bits you're missing, or what you already have and we can go from there.
Best wishes
Karen

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 11:35AM GMT
Hi Jon,
My name is Graeme, son of Andrew John Dillon, who is son of Andrew Charles Dillon and Ellsie Annie Dillon (Hillier) Andrew and Ellsie had 8 children and Andrew John is the second youngest child. Andrew Charles died in 1945 following the war from injuries and Ellsie died in 1950 from complications from appendicit'is. Andrew John Dillon lives in Niddrie Victoria and has 4 children. His sister Margaret and Andrew are the only surviving children of Andrew and Ellsie. Regards Graeme

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: van Zanen Fisher
Hi Graham, it's good to hear from you! Sorry for the delay in my reply. I am actually in contact with your cousin Ruth van Zanen nee Fisher, she said it would be wonderful to be back in touch with you after so many years. I don't want to put her email address on here though as it would become publicly available, so, if you could drop me a quick email to joffan180 at live.co.uk I'll pass on her details to you. Many thanks! Jon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic