Search for content in message boards

Peacocks of Illinois

Peacocks of Illinois

Michael Surwill (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2006 1:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for the pedigree on Johnathan PEACOCK; b:abt 1820 in England, d: 1895 in Rockford, Illinois. He married Eliza HAMMOND abt 1851 in Winnebago Co., Illinois. Eliza was born abt 1831 in England, d: abt 1889 in Rockford, Winnebago, Illinois. They were parents to seven children all born in Winnebago Co., Illinois: Edwin H PEACOCK (b:1858/9), Johnathon Douglas PEACOCK (b:1861), Ida Jane PEACOCK (b:1862), Ella Mary PEACOCK (b:1863), Frank E. PEACOCK (b:1868), Charles PEACOCK (b:bef 1870), and Olive E PEACOCK (b:1871). Also interested in the pedigree for Eliza HAMMOND .....

Re: Peacocks of Illinois

Posted: 2 Nov 2006 7:19PM GMT
I am not related to this family........
Records were kept from about 1873 on for births, deaths in Winnebago County. Marriage records are earlier however.
If you contact the Winnebago County Clerk's office and request info on these people, you should get quite a bit of data. Approx $8 each person or so but be sure to state the research is for "Genealogical purposes" to get the better rates. They will tell you what they need from you or point you to forms, etc. 815-987-3050
Also the state of ILL. has a good web search area on databases (within certain constraints) found at:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/datab...

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 10:33AM GMT
Surnames: Peacock Quinn
Seeking any information on a Peacock marriage to Frank Jnr Quinn in Illinois related to Frank Quinn from Belfast. Emmannuel Quinn would be in this line too.

Thanks

Lauraquinn11@aol.com
England UK

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 3:23AM GMT
What were the birth and death dates of the Frank QUINN you are researching? I may have a tie-in to the PEACOCK line ...

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 3:37AM GMT
I am not related, just helping:
From the Winnebago County Marriage Index:
REEL-IMAGE-DATE------BRIDE'S NAME----AGE-GROOM'S NAME--AGE
M915-0455 07/17/1915 PEACOCK, RUTH E 21 QUINN, FRANK J 25

This may or may not be the person you are seeking.
Contact the Winnebago County Clerk and state that you are looking for a "Genealogical Copy" of marriage records for this person and you have the microfilm Reel and Image numbers (above). Cost should be only $7.00. You will need to get a form, from them, and follow instructions furnished for identification.

Posted: 7 May 2012 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Peacock, Hudson
Hello,
Jonathan Peacock was brother to my 4th great grandfather, George Peacock. Their parents were George Peacock (1778-1821) and Ellen Hudson (1787-1822). George was the son of Jonathan Peacock and Mary Wright of Yorkshire, England.
I have an extensive amount of information about the Hudson family which I can send too if you would like. I also have a photograph of Jonathan and Eliza's son, Frank.
Are you related to the family and if so, where do you come in?
Thanks,
Shella

Posted: 7 May 2012 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: PEACOCK
Johnathon PEACOCK is my great-great grandfather on my mother's side of the family, and he did have a brother, George PEACOCK (b: abt 1812; d: ukn). My records indicate they were both born in England

My records also show that their parents were James PEACOCK (b: abt 1776 in Yorkshire, England), and Elizabeth MITCHEL (b: abt 1778 in England).

James and Elizabeth were married 30 Jul 1796, in Kirby, Fleetham, York, England. George was married in England in 1837 to Mary WELLS, and Johnathon married Eliza HAMMOND 17 Sep 1856, also in England.

There was nine years difference in the ages of George and Johnathon, did they have any other brothers or sisters?

Please drop me a line ...........

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: PEACOCK
Ms. Shelia ...

Please excuse my delay in reply. I am indeed most interested in any information you can forward about the PEACOCKs of Illinois. I will be glad to pass back any data on James PEACOCK (brother to your 4th great grandfather), and his downline lineage.

My Email account is --> surwilmj(at)cableone(dot)net <--

I am looking forward to your reply....

Respectfully, Mike

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 8:07PM GMT
Thanks jhthomas,

it's been a while but still unsure if this Frank Quinn fits into my Belfast Quinns.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic