Search for content in message boards

Tagging individuals

Tagging individuals

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for a way to tag all people in my tree so I can review all data then untag the individual after the review.

Re: Tagging individuals

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 6:25PM GMT
One method might be to do this the other way round. Define a custom, Description only, fact "Checked" (or any name you like) customize the display of the right hand column in the Family view to show Checked at the top of the list. It will initially be empty for all individuals and then you can insert Yes after you have checked that individual's data.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 3:51PM GMT
Thanks

Mike

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 4:59PM GMT
Suggest you use a date in the description field for the date of the review and the fact that a review took place.

The reason is that as the years go by, you may want to know when the last time was that you did a review of a person's records that you might find on ancestry.com (or findagrave or whatever). It would be handy to know you last searched for records relevant to that person last week, last month, last year, or five years ago.

I suggest putting the date in the description field, not the date field, as the "review" fact would get tied up into the timeline of the person involved.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions