Search for content in message boards

Horace Monroe Morse, Civil War Veteran

Horace Monroe Morse, Civil War Veteran

Jeff Morse (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morse
I am looking for any existing pictures of Horace M Morse, a civil war veteran who was born in Onadaga Co. New York, 2/18/1837 Mustered in the Union Army in 1861 at Defiance, Ohio, Belonged to 38th Ohio Infintry, Company G. Mustered out in 1865, Moved and married Anna Marie Thacker in Traverse City, Michigan, 4-14-1867. Died 4/21/1907 in Snohomish, Washington. His Children were, Lila Adelia, Charles Monroe, William Delos, Arthur Garfield, Harry Logan, Ottie Bell, Winnie Matilda and Orrin Dewitt. Any Help would be appreciated.

Re: Horace Monroe Morse, Civil War Veteran

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 1:37AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2004 9:24AM GMT
Surnames: Scofield, Morse, Heath
Do you know Horace's parents? An Orrin D. Morse in Henry County was married to the sister of my ancestor and I am trying to prove her maiden name. This Orrin D. Morse came to Henry County Ohio in 1833, according to a biography - with his wife Lucinda. However a death record of his son says his mother's name was Betsy.

Re: death records

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 3:16AM GMT
Unfortunately, parents names in Death records are not always correct. The information for my g.grandfathers parents was provided by one of his sons and the peoples names given are completely unknown/unprovable and according to an obit for his brother incorrect.

Re: Horace Monroe Morse, Civil War Veteran

Posted: 1 Jan 2005 11:01PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2005 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Morse
I have all the information you need on Horace Monroe Morse's parents including documentation. Please contact me at cathjo@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic