Search for content in message boards

Autosomal Waiting Thread- December 2013

Autosomal Waiting Thread- December 2013

Posted: 15 Dec 2013 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2013 11:18PM GMT
Well, on November 4th I went ahead and ordered the autosomal dna kit!
It went into lab processing on November 21st. That's 25 days of lab processing today, and I am getting worried.
Is anyone else waiting on results?
I called and was basically told to be patient, even when I tried to explain that a considerable amount of users have received their results on an average of 14 days.
I really have no problem waiting it out, it's just that my ethnic background is very complex and I was hoping to shed light on some family lore before or on Christmas next week.
Perhaps it was not wise to order in November- It did go into lab processing just days before Thanksgiving. I imagine the "holiday rush" is what's setting it back.
I hope others are having more luck!

Re: Waiting Thread- December 2013

Posted: 16 Dec 2013 12:04AM GMT
I sent my test kit back on Nov. 15 and am still waiting too. We have two other already completed tests and results for my husband and son, so I'm not quite as anxious as you to get the results. I hope you get your results soon; I'm sure you'll find the information to be fascinating. The recent improvements and more detailed information that ancestry now provides may be making the process a little slower.

Posted: 16 Dec 2013 7:50AM GMT
I have to say, I feel much much better knowing someone else is waiting. Thank you! I am also wondering if my sample was overfilled. My saliva went just slightly above the line, but I didn't want to try and pour it back out. Hoping it wasn't an issue.

Posted: 16 Dec 2013 11:09PM GMT
I'm sure a bit too much is better than not quite enough!

Posted: 18 Dec 2013 9:07PM GMT
Hrnmsf- Day 28. 4 weeks and no results. How about you?

Posted: 19 Dec 2013 2:39AM GMT
Nope - nothing yet! It will probably come just as I'm too busy with something else to take a good look at it!

I did click on the "progress bar" and was able to link my test to our family tree. If you have a tree online, be sure to link it with your DNA profile; that way whatever matches you get can see how they may be related to you.

You mentioned how you are hoping to show your results to your family during the holidays, so I hope you'll get your results in time! Good luck!

Posted: 19 Dec 2013 5:07AM GMT
I'm late to the thread.

Just received my kit at 8:30pm tonight. WOOHOO UPS!!!

However, I ate while waiting for the delivery. Mine will be going out in the mail tomorrow morning.

Fingers are crossed for some exciting results.

I've been told that I have the black Irish genes in the family and strong Native American features... Is it all fictional... or will the dna prove it?!

YEAH!!!

Posted: 19 Dec 2013 6:39AM GMT
hrnmsf- Thanks again! I'll have the whole family together on Christmas and it would just make my day- no, my year!

Posted: 19 Dec 2013 6:54AM GMT
Agplatt82- Welcome! Haha. I'm glad another person has found this thread.
I hope you get your results back a lot sooner than myself. I did my sample first thing in the morning before eating and brushing my teeth etc. I think they recommend it.
Like you, I am also trying to figure out some family lore. My family is German/Latino but there is possible Jewish and Filipino lineage.
I think Ireland falls under the British Isles category and the test will definitely identify Native American.
Good luck! Give us updates.

Posted: 26 Dec 2013 8:01PM GMT
hrnmsf- anything yet? Yesterday was 5 weeks for me
per page

Find a board about a specific topic