Search for content in message boards

Simeon Thompson

Simeon Thompson

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 1:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Sep 2003 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Churchill, Wood, Faulkner,Stryker,McCarter, Thayer, Garfield,Young, Salter, Reck, Bruns, Griffin Dwinel/Dwinnel/Dwinell, Priest,Brown, Hargrave, Atwood, Simmons, Roberts, Billings, Reed,
I have just acquired some genealogy information on the Thompson family of Massachusetts. Simeon, son of Jabez Thompson & Betsy Wood. Simeon, b: 6/13/1808 in Plympton, Mass. Marriages: 1) Abigail W. Churchill of Plymouth, b: 9/9/1833, d: 8/21/1853; 2) Sarah Faulkner of Abington, b: 6/1/1824 in Chelsea, Nova Scotia, m: 11/21/1857, d: 4/26/1890 .I have a lot more and would be happy to share.

Re: Simeon Thompson

Posted: 19 Dec 2004 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Garfield, Thompson, Dwinell, Billings, Atwood
Mary,
I am a descendent of Simeon Thompson through the Garfield line. My maiden name is Billings. Long ago I had compiled a great deal on this side of my family tracing back to four members of Mayflower passengers, but due to the advanced age of computers, I have lost almost all information. I would be interested in whatever you may have.

I have quite a bit of information on the side of my family marrying the Garfield side which also traces back to the Mayflower (any beyond). I would be happy to share what I have.

Sue

Re: Simeon Thompson

Mary Ward (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2004 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Garfield, Thompason, Burnap, Lothrop
Hi Sue;

I was helping my brother clean out an apartment in Baltimore that belongs to the Episcopal church that he attends. A priest named, Donald Lothrop Garfield, lived there, but passed away about 10 years ago. The church got rid of all furniture, but all Donald's personal things were left. My brother and his friend have been very slowly sorting through things and periododically getting rid of some. I happen to be helping him and took all of the genealogy related items home and sort through them. I started noticing family related papers. I had posted messages and had not heard from any one until now. I'm sorry to say that I donated all Garfield related items to the DAR Library in Washington, DC. I Everything that I donated is in the Donald Lothrop Garfield Collection. You can contact the Library to get access to the collection.

I still have some information in my computer about the Garfiel familiy. The Thompsons that I have information on are, Barabas, Issac, Jacob, Jabez, Leonice (Donald Garfield's paternal grandmother), Sarah, Sumeon Jr. & Sr., Timothy and 3 Williams.

I do have a copy of the info from the Lothrop family bible wh were from Nantucket. I may also have a copy of a small book with a "Burnap" family information. Are they any relation to you?

Let me know if this helps and I can send you a CD with the information on it.
Mary Ward
per page

Find a board about a specific topic