Search for content in message boards

GENOVESE, CAMBRIA, CICCIARI; Barcellona Pozzo di Gott ME, Sicily

GENOVESE, CAMBRIA, CICCIARI; Barcellona Pozzo di Gott ME, Sicily

Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Sep 2006 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: GENOVESE, CAMBRIA, CICCIARI
Anyone searching Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto Messina, Sicily with a tie into the surnames GENOVESE, CAMBRIA, CICCIARI, please contact me. I have information on these families from the 1800's.

Re: GENOVESE, CAMBRIA, CICCIARI; Barcellona Pozzo di Gott ME, Sicily

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 1:09AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2006 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: biondo

SYDNEY li 11/ 04 / 05
ANTONINO BIONDO, FIGLIO DI MICHELANGELO,
E DI GIUNTA ROSA NATO 01/ 09 / 1933 IN VIA
VESPRI , DI BARCELLONA POZZO DI GOTTO
DESIDERO CONOSCERE LA DISCENDENZA DI
BIONDO MICHELANGELO E TUTTA LA FAMIGLIA
MOLTE GRAZIE E DISTINTI SALUTI.
BIONDO ANTONINO

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 10:13PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2006 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: GENOVESE
Hi!

I'm looking for Genovese relatives from Messina (but not sure which town - I know! know! That's not very helpful of me!)

Pasquino Genovese who was father to Dago Genovese (Dago was born 1840/1 and was a mariner, his father Pasquino was a carpenter)

That's all I have to go on I'm afraid!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Genovese
My Great Great Grand father was Diego (Dago) Genovese bc1843 He lived in Liverpool and married Jane White in 1869. He was a mariner as Stated on 1901 census. On the census it stated that he originated from Cicely(Sicily?) Messina Italy. It also stated that he was not nationalsied British. I am trying to find out how he came to England and when Also who his family were in Italy. He appears on the census for 1891 and 1901 but nothing else.

Look forward to hearing from you

Stb

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 2:10PM GMT
I have never come across a Diego Genovese in my searches of my family roots - neither have I had anyone immigrate to England. Sorry I cannot help you on this one.

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 8:15AM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2010 10:56AM GMT
Surnames: Genovese, May, Ludewig
Does Dago Genovese family members have any connection with the May family or the Ludewig family, both from Liverpool.
I am not sure but I think there may be some connection?

Posted: 9 Jan 2011 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Genovese, Ricupero, Figlio, Belardo
My Great Great Grandfather Angelo Genovese married Concetta Ricupero in ~1871. Concetta was born in ~1854 in Barcellona and died in St. Louis in 1930.

Angelo may also be from Barcellona. We only know he was from Messina (maybe the city or the "state")
Concetta's parents were Francesco Ricupero and Domenica Belardo. Anglo's parents were Pietro Genovese & Maria Figlio

Any info in much appreciated.

Posted: 5 Jul 2011 11:34PM GMT
Hi
I am looking for information on Annunziata Genovese Bruschetti. She was my great grandmother from Messina. She passed away at the age of 19 years old (in Italy)in 1898 shortly after giving birth to my grandmother Maria Bruschetti who was born April 9, 1898. Looking for husband of Annunziata, parents, siblings etc. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 9:13AM GMT
Surnames: Cambria
My Nonna's (grandmother's) maiden name was Cambria - she was born in Barcellona Pozzo di Gott in November 1919. She rarely spoke about the past and would love to hear anything you may know!

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 10:27AM GMT
My grandmother's maiden name was also Cambria. She came here in 1890 with her brother and 8 year old nephew.Her sister and her mother (Cicciari) also came here but I cannot find her mother on any ship manifests - they probably mispelled the name badly on the ships manifest. My research was never able to find any other members of the family in Barcellona. I hope to resume research some day but it is tedious looking through the Italian records. I too had no clue when I started my research anything about her - not even where she was from. There were many Cambria's from that town and many of the first names are the same. Typical of the way the Italians named their children - after the parents and grandparents. My Italian heritage was always denied when I was growing up and we were not told anything about the past. I started my research after my parents passed away so I had no one to talk to about it. What was your grandmother's first name?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions